multisession dvd problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweety_bird_bunny

Journeyman
i created a multisession dvd using nero7 premium....first i wrote 1 session...then some days later i continued it and wrote my final files and finalised the dvd.....
now the problem is that, when i open my dvd in my xp sp2 ,it only shows me the files written in session2 and files of session1 are not shown...every time i want to access those files, i extract them using isobuster and then c them....
plz tell me is there any solution that i can directly c all the files and access them...

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Search the nero site for nero multi mounter.. That should solve your problem..

nil_3

In the zone
tweety_bird_bunny said:
i created a multisession dvd using nero7 premium....first i wrote 1 session...then some days later i continued it and wrote my final files and finalised the dvd.....
now the problem is that, when i open my dvd in my xp sp2 ,it only shows me the files written in session2 and files of session1 are not shown...every time i want to access those files, i extract them using isobuster and then c them....
plz tell me is there any solution that i can directly c all the files and access them...

But what is the problem? Doesn't Nero support multi-session DVD burning? Is there any other way by which a multi-session DVD can be created?

cool_dude_prav

In the zone
hmm...

not nero, but any DVD burn software does not support multi-session DVD burning... Dont know why, but for DVDs multi-session burning, only the last session is read, but the other sessions can be opened by 3rd party software like IsoBuster...
In fact, Nero explicitly mentions while u select multi-session for DVDs that the OS cannot read the previous session of a MultiSession disc. So, u cannot read the old sessions on anything other than a PC, like say, a DVD player... becoz multi sessions on a DVD are not as advanced as CDs...

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Here is the direct link for Nero MultiMounter *www.nero.com/nero7/eng/Multimounter.html

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
yes , nero multi mounter should solve the prob . install it . insert disc. in explorer , right click on ur drive , properties >> volumes >> select ur first session . if u got 98 , its preinstalled with nero ... to avoid this problem , first insert the disc u wanna continue and then access nero 7 >> data CD >> u should see ur previous files now . . atleast this is the method in nero 6.6 express , nero burning rom , directly asks u to select session . in either case , access nero after inserting the disc u wanna continue and then u shud see ur previous files faded . now add on and burn.

also note that only last session of DVD is seen in some old drives and oses.
but if u burnt the dvd in ur home. u can definitely access it. no probs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom