multiple internet connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaurav

In the zone
hello,
can someone tell me how to connect two internet connections(one dial up and second dsl) to my computer

saROMan

QA Juggler
well bud..if u have inbuild modem then 1st phone line (dileup)goes to modem..and ur DSL goes to Lan Card ...

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
bridging.... humm... i had an earlyer post over the same question topic here... trying find it... will give u the link...

as the search option isnt working here.... so couldnt find it now...

well the gist was that ur ISP must support that option.... what it was called.... hummm bridging or multitasking... i dont remmerber it right.... as i found out that only ISDN supports that.....

so gave up my hope to running my TATA CDMA with reliance CDMA.... but wait other users will give u many use full information....

theraven

Technomancer
bridging and multilinking
but i dun thi8nk either will work
bridgin is for high speed LAN's
multilinking is for dial ups
i might be wrong
read up multilinking here
*support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307849&sd=tech

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
bridging and multilinking
but i dun thi8nk either will work
bridgin is for high speed LAN's
multilinking is for dial ups
i might be wrong
read up multilinking here

ya ya..... got it.... it is multilinking.... & no curenlty no ISP in India supports that option... i heard that only BSNL ISDN supports that option but also in very few placess....

Doc Holliday

Broken In
Hi,

You cannot combine the bandwidth of a DSL connection and a dial-up one. However, on certain dial-up connections (which has to be supported by the ISP), you can combine multiple dial-up connections -- called multilinking.

In India, you only have that option with ISDN dial-up (and this is supported everywhere you have ISDN), provided you sign up for a 128-kbps connection and use both channel A and B (A & B get multi-linked when using both lines).

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Doc Holliday said:
and this is supported everywhere you have ISDN

hummm.... r u sure.... it true very few telephone exchange has ISDN system.... but all of them supprots that multilinking??

na... :D :D forget it.... who cares about ISND when u can have DataOne in less cost.... right?? 8) :p :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom