Multiple files prob!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
I recently downloaded a game from bitcomet. It consisted of about 20 rar files. I have downloaded the whole torrent but now i have a problem:
All of the torrents have the very same name, except for they have different numbers like xyz.r1, .r2 etc.
Each consists of an MDS or a MDF file & in all torrents, the name & sizes are same except for the last archive.
Now i know that those are image files which i can mount using Alcohol.
But how do i join all those different mdf files into one? I'm not sure even that i have to do something like this, but i think they have been shredded, so there must be some way of putting them back again. :cry: :cry:

Also, one of them contains an .nfo file but when i open it, system config. comes up showing:
The .nfo file is corrupted or of a different version, cannot be opened.
This happens with all the nfo files i tried to open.
Guys, kindly help me out of this! :oops: :cry:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Its a split archive of WinRAR, doubleclick on the r001 or r1 watever file has the least number and extract it (make sure all the files of this .r* are in the same folder and then do this) , the final merged file of an MDS and MDF will now be on the location u extracted to... ;)

OP
yrana2002

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
So, extract all files in the same folder, going in order of increasing no. Is that right?
But what about the .nfo files?

sakumar79

Technomancer
Actually, you only have to extract files from the first zipped file (.rar or .r1).

.NFO are information files. You should view them in Notepad. They probably just give info about the file, any directions to using them, etc...

Arun

OP
yrana2002

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Well, i tried to extract all in the same folder but since all the files in each of the volumes has the same name, it asks for replacing the extracted files. Now, what do i do? :cry:

sakumar79

Technomancer
As I posted just above, extract from only the first file... It will automatically combine the various parts into one... They are actually one file split into parts...

Arun

OP
yrana2002

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
I did as you guys told, extracted the first one to indeed find the extracted file being a whole size of the game. It is actually an mds file, a image file as i told before, so when i mount it using alcohol, the pc just hangs.
on rebooting the comp & using the vdrive, here's what it says:
Some application has locked the device.
What's this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom