Mtnl Triband Real probs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendKiller

In the zone
My special request to fellow mtnl users like me,espc. in mumbai...
1.Is your connection gettin passive time and again...I mean your working properly on the net and all of a sudden your not able to surf the sites and al...
And it your able to get the thing working again,when you restart your mtnl modem???
i am having to face such probs around 10-12 times nowadays...to solve it i have to restart my modem...
Plz lemme know...
I am using winxp-sp2,NIS 2006,DSL NU plan....

theraven

Technomancer
no it seems to be an issue
bat has it with dataone too
and i have it with mumbai mtnl triband
YET it seems to be a good option so im also applyin for it at home

i guess it happens in some places cuz not all connections ahve this problem

my doubt : bad wiring and exchange problems

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
LegendKiller wrote:
1.Is your connection gettin passive time and again...I mean your working properly on the net and all of a sudden your not able to surf the sites and al...
And it your able to get the thing working again,when you restart your mtnl modem???
i am having to face such probs around 10-12 times nowadays...to solve it i have to restart my modem...
Plz lemme know...
I too hv a MTNL Triband connection for the past 7 months, but never faced this problem.But yes i would like to stress on the point that the WAN SETTING gets automatically changed from PPPoE/PPPoA (the default type) to Bridge Mode and i hv to set it back to its default state by doin to the D-LINK ADSL Router Configuration site at 192.168.1.1 :)

theraven wrote:
i guess it happens in some places cuz not all connections ahve this problem

my doubt : bad wiring and exchange problems
I also hv a doubt on this issue, so even i agree to it.My area is Goregaon-East and i hv never faced this problem so its not a Central problem but only a Wiring one i guess. :)

Cheers n e-peace.....

Captain Crime

Journeyman
LegendKiller said:
Plz lemme know...

Same here
i'm in Delhi hving MTNL frm 2 mths
frm last 3-4 days it started

:x :x

readermaniax

Ambassador of Buzz
i think it is better to take connections from private ISP's...they are fast ....wid lates tech ...and hav good cutomer care

OP
LegendKiller

LegendKiller

In the zone
actually sify and all did not wanna venture into my colony soon and my cable operator was charging too much,so mtnl...
Anyhow,this works great,some probs with their servers,i guess..

mediator

Technomancer
Actually its not the problem with mtnl service but rather with ur router! Such a problem occurs when

1. Voltage flickers ! .....I'm Still tryin to guess the solution, but I think the voltage stabilizers can do the trick!
2. If u have a phone connected to ur line at a point before the signal splitting is done to phone and broadband signals! And u get a call and u talk with that phone!
SO the solution to this one is to connect the phone after signal splitting is done to the phone line of the splitter.

In all case u can regain ur connection by restarting the router!
Hope that solves the problem

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Good explanation by mediator!
He meant tht ur main line shud be connected to only ur router and all other telephones or ur house shud be connected from the line out port of the splitter by branching the line from there.then there wil be no problem.
And also i have noticed one thing :
wen the electricity goes and my PC switches to battery mode of UPS my net gets disconnected and ADSL/Link/Act LED goes off.
i have 2 restart the router to connect again.
I have my router connected to the UPS.

OP
LegendKiller

LegendKiller

In the zone
well maybe due to my parallel connections...but i dunno why it started happening now,i have this since june,and it started happening only in last 15 days or so...
by router problem you mean modem...

Maneel

Broken In
I'm in delhi & I've MTNL Triband. Sometimes it is working fine & but suddenly stops working. But when I Unplug & Replug the telephone wire into the router, it starts working again. Also, I've never got a download speed of over 8kbps on my 256kbps connection.

mediator

Technomancer
One thing more from previous explanation that ur problem occurs now...maybe ncoz its summer time guys and the start of pwer shortages!

@sahil_blues...check if ur browser is proxied.,...if so unproxy it! Or better get a live linux distro like knoppix and then check the bandwidth again! If its still 8 kbps u better complain to mtnl !!

Maneel

Broken In
mtnl people jst give me a complaint number n never do anything about it.
i tried the connection on my other pc too-no improvements.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
buddy u r paying broadband charges for dial up speeds !
compalin to mtnl abt the problem.
in my area they rectify the problem in 24hrs.
dunno abt urs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom