MTNL triband query

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
hello ppl,
my local cable walla has got to my nerves and i have decided to change to mtnl triband.
i heard that they have released a new plan which is night unlimited and it has a 500 mb limit during the day time for the month.
that seems like a good plan but is it true that the plan is valid only for a limited edition cuz if they discontinue the plan i will be stuck with 1 gb limit and i dwd 7-8 gb of stuff every month.pls clarify me on the same.
and also do p2ps like bittorrent work with it or are they blocked?
if yes what speeds do we get?

thx.

godsownman

Padawan
I was wondering whether to take MTNL or no.

But it seems like you are pro MTNL.

Can you please tell me which was you previous company.

So I dont choose that by mistake.

Sorry I cannot answer your question.But do companies block access to p2p.

Can you please name a few.

I am from Mumbai

Regards

godzi_85

In the zone
nothing is blocked on mtnl triband NU....
the limited period is only limited booking period.. once u book it you`ll be with that plan until you chnage to some other plan.. :D..
seeds are good.. depends on your local wiring and lots of stuff.. i get max 27KB download speed .. not bad.
and in 8 hours (12-8) you can easily do around 500-900 mb. .

OP
T

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
hi ppl,
are there ne other broadband providers in the suburbs which provide 256 Kbps unlimited plans like night plans etc.
if yes pls let me know.

naru

Broken In
MTNL Triband

i heard that they have released a new plan which is night unlimited and it has a 500 mb limit during the day time for the month. that seems like a good plan but is it true that the plan is valid only for a limited edition

THe booking for the plan is for limited period. Once you've got it, they won't change it.

Do p2ps like bittorrent work with it or are they blocked?
if yes what speeds do we get?

Yes they work. I've tried Limewire, Kazaa and Bittorrent. Speed is usually between 26-32 kbps. This will vary dependin on how far u r from MTNL server n how long yr tel line is.

In the night unlimited, theres a catch: You've got to begin yr surfing session after 12 and finish before 8. if u begin at 11.59 or oversleep and end it at 8.01, then nothin's free.

Just dont go for the 399 plan. that absolutely sucks.

As far as customer care goes, Its amazing. n im not being sarcastic. It's 24x7 and the staff is usually engineers who'll solve most of yr probs on the phone itself.

Truly better than any pvt ISP. Way to go MTNL!

OP
T

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
Re: MTNL Triband

naru said:
In the night unlimited, theres a catch: You've got to begin yr surfing session after 12 and finish before 8. if u begin at 11.59 or oversleep and end it at 8.01, then nothin's free.

didnt get u here..cud u xplain it better.
and also ne ideas how long the booking period is on?
and most importantly should i go for this plan.:) as i dwd loads of songs/muvies/games etc.

maximus999

Broken In
Hello Guyz!!
Even i wanna go for MTNL Triband connection!!
Abt that logging on after 12 thing ;few Qs

What if we r logged in before 12 say 11pm do we need to log out and login again after 12 for the unlimted D/L to take effect...so that only the use between 11& the time i logout before 12 counts & not the use after i login after 12......till 8.a.m.
What exactly r we supposed to do login..i.e; online login/logoff or switch off/on the CPE itself for that nite unlimited thing to work!!!!!

Thanx..

OP
T

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
maximus999 said:
Hello Guyz!!
Even i wanna go for MTNL Triband connection!!
Abt that logging on after 12 thing ;few Qs

What if we r logged in before 12 say 11pm do we need to log out and login again after 12 for the unlimted D/L to take effect...so that only the use between 11& the time i logout before 12 counts & not the use after i login after 12......till 8.a.m.
What exactly r we supposed to do login..i.e; online login/logoff or switch off/on the CPE itself for that nite unlimited thing to work!!!!!

Thanx..

good question.i was wondering abt that too..

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
just saw on zee business that mtnl and bsnl are going to slash the broadband rates by 40-50 %.

seems a good time to switch from hathway cos they have started sucking big time now !!!

naru

Broken In
MTNL Triband

In the night unlimited plan, MTNL determines your usage in terms of "sessions". For eg: If you log in at 11.00 and log out at 2.00, then that's counted as one session.

For your "session" to be free, it needs to begin after midnight and end before 8 am. (So if you've begun b4 midnight, just log out and log in again after 12.00)

If you begin at 11.00 pm and end at 2.00 am or begin at 6.00 and end at 8.10, then the session is not free.

I think bookings for the night unlimited scheme end on Aug 31st. You can check at MTNL site:

*delhi.mtnl.net.in/services/broadband.htm

maximus999

Broken In
@naru..............Thanxx for ur reply.......

BTW Im from Mumbai.....I suppose the billing processes r same (taking into a/c the free usage session) here in Mumbai as that in Delhi!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom