MTNL Triband - 590NU users plz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Does anyone using MTNL Triband - 590NU ??

Plz . Post your experiance ..

How is it?

How can you make sure that you disconnect before 8 AM?

zegulas

Traceur
The night unlimited plan is simply gr8 man!!! :D :D :D :D :D
I am using it since many months, I had no problems with it, in the free downloading time I download about 700MB per day.
And I dont know about how to switch the internet off, but for that I get up early (just start the download and go to sleep...zzzzz!!!!!) 8)

OP
rollcage

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Thanks for replying ... dude

As it was earlier posted that ... in other threads
for using the night unlimited ..
you got to login after 12:00 and logout before 8.am

So,
what i want to know that
If you are a user like me who downloads a lot ..SW, Torrent etc.
and You have downloaded over 700 mb overnight
and you didnt watch over the time ... does it in any case can/will be included in the day limit of 500mb.

Can you plz post few last bill .. how they charge..

zegulas

Traceur
Hey dude they charge if u don't disconnect the net at 12 and then again u have to connect (I prefer to connect again at 12:05 am).
Orelse u will get the bill in ur 500MB limit. I am sure abt this coz a lady called me today and told me to disconnect the net and again connect it at 12+ for using the night unlimited feature.

Deep

Version 2.0
Hi,
It wont affect even if you dont log off, their IP automatically changes at 12 midnight and 8 in the morning so logically logging off wont make any difference :)

Deep

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
Deep said:
Hi,
It wont affect even if you dont log off, their IP automatically changes at 12 midnight and 8 in the morning so logically logging off wont make any difference :)

Deep

r u dead sure about this deep?? can u post a screenshot??

hippi

Broken In
I am using MTNL TRIBAND DSL NU
Deep said
Hi,
It wont affect even if you dont log off, their IP automatically changes at 12 midnight and 8 in the morning so logically logging off wont make any difference

Deep

I noticed that at 12 my net goes down for few minutes..is it bcoz of this change in ip.....can someone plz confirm this change in ip thing ...preferably from mtnl insiders

Deep

Version 2.0
Well, I was discussing about this with Dexter, and he only told me that no need to switch off the modem since it automatically changes the IP...

I myself havent tried it but will try it I get NU plan at my home :) (I have alrady applied for it)

Regards
Deep

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi Deep

Good that you have applied for 590NU Plan, now we can get the first hand experiance. :)
We will wait for your reply..

btw i used my friend's mtnl account to see the mtnl site ..
and look at the screenshot ... what is written at the mtnl website

NightMB indicates MB Download (usage) in the current month during 00.00 to 08.00 Hrs
(For DSL 590 NU plan only)
DSL 590 NU Plan Users Please Switch ON CPE during Night after 00.00 hrs and ensure
disconnection before 08.00 hrs for availing Unlimited Free Internet Usage

*img316.imageshack.us/img316/9692/13ik.th.jpg
(click on picture to zoom)

and rollcage you have made a very good point here,
this thing was really confusing.
This clears out the confusion. But this is very annoying at the same .. time

Regards

mobilegeek

Deep

Version 2.0
Yup, they write about it on their mumbai website also but now it disconnects / changes IP automatically...

Deep

OP
rollcage

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
zegulas said:
The night unlimited plan is simply gr8 man!!! :D :D :D :D :D
I am using it since many months, I had no problems with it, in the free downloading time I download about 700MB per day.
And I dont know about how to switch the internet off, but for that I get up early (just start the download and go to sleep...zzzzz!!!!!) 8)

Since .. you are using ..
Can you confirm what Deep is saying ..
Plz ..

zegulas

Traceur
I dont know about what they do, but they called me and told me to disconnect internet at 12 am and then reconnect it after 12 am and then again disconnect before 8 am.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
I just got 590 NU. It works fine all day but after 12 it just stopped working. Worked fine after 8 in the morning. Anyone else having this problem?

Deep

Version 2.0
Actually it disconnets itself at 11.54 PM and assigns new IP so logically that should do the job..

Actually, net at my place has started but now the problem is, they gave me pay as per use plan instead of NU, so now I have asked them to change plan to NU which will take 2 days approx more..

So after that I can test is myself too..

Regards,
Deep

adorablesrini

Broken In
HI guys.I just got my NU activated just 2day!!! I figured out a way to disconnect(rather SWITCH OFF the comp) before 8AM!! I did this by using the old Window's Task Scheduler!! U guys can try that!!!

OP
rollcage

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
@Deep
I called mtnl at 1504 the tech helpline ..
the guy over there said ..
"you should switch off CPE manually .. to use the free period .. he added that he cant tell about the change in ip .. may be its in mumbai .. not here for now"

adorablesrini said:
HI guys.I just got my NU activated just 2day!!! I figured out a way to disconnect(rather SWITCH OFF the comp) before 8AM!! I did this by using the old Window's Task Scheduler!! U guys can try that!!!

That can be good ... Is there any way we are make sure that it does logout at 7:55
Do try to check that .. at
*register.bol.net.in > Session History
Whether its working or not (just to make sure)

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
Ok here's the piece of code that is used REBOOTING THE MODEM thru the *192.168.1.1 thingy after we save the settings. Can anybody now help rebooting the modem tru comp only:
Code:
<tbody><tr>
		<td colspan="4" class="tabhead">
		<div align="left">System Settings</div></td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
	<td colspan="4" class="tabdata" height="50">The current system settings can be saved as a file onto the local hard drive.</td>
	</tr>
		<tr><td>
</td></tr>

<tr>
					<td colspan="4" class="intabdataleft">
						<div align="left">Save Settings To Local Hard Drive</div></td>
				</tr>
				<tr>
					  <td colspan="4" align="left" height="35">
					  <input onclick="doConfigForm()" value="Save" name="save" type="button">

</td>
				</tr>
				<tr>
					<td colspan="4" height="10">
</td>
				</tr>

<form name="Configuration" method="post" action="../cgi-bin/firmwarecfg" enctype="multipart/form-data" id="uiPostUpdateConf"></form>
				<tr>
						<div align="left">Load Settings From Local Hard Drive</div>

</td>
				</tr>
				<tr>
					<td colspan="4" class="tabdata" align="left">
					<input size="30" name="UploadFile" value="Browse" id="uiViewFileSelectorConf" type="file">
					</td>
				</tr>
				<tr>
					<td colspan="4" class="formfileds" align="left" height="75">

<input onclick="if(!uiDoUpdateConfig(document.getElementById('uiViewFileSelectorConf').value)) return false;" value="Load" name="upgrade" id="uiUpgrade" type="button">

</td></tr>

<tr>
					<td colspan="4" class="tabdata">Note: The system has to be restarted after the configuration is restored.</td>
				</tr>
				<tr><td>
</td></tr>
				<tr>
					<td colspan="4" class="tabdata"><font face="Ariel" size="3">

<input name="Status" id="uiStatus" style="border-bottom: 0px none;" size="55" value="" type="text"></font>
					</td>
				</tr>

<tr>
					<td colspan="4" class="intabdataleft" height="28" width="100%">
						Save Settings and Reboot the System.
					</td>
				</tr>

<tr>
					<td colspan="4" class="tabhead" height="28">
						<div align="left"><input onclick="reboot()" value="Save and Reboot" name="reboot" type="button"></div>
					</td>
				</tr>

<tr><td>
</td></tr>
				<tr>

<div align="left">Restore To Factory Default Settings</div></td>
				</tr>
				<tr>
					  <td colspan="4" align="left" height="35">
					  <input onclick="commandset()" value="Restore" name="restore" type="button">

</td>
				</tr>
				<tr>

<!-- add restart ap by Rachael on 10.21.2004  RT has no AP
				<tr>
					<td colspan="4" width="100%" height="28" class="intabdataleft">
						Force the DSL-502T Wireless LAN to restart.
					</td>
				</tr>

<tr>
					<td colspan="4" class="tabhead" height="28">
						<div align="left"><INPUT onclick="commandsetAp()" type=button value="Restart AP" name=restartAP></div>
					</td>
				</tr>
End add restart ap by Rachael on 10.21.2004 -->				
				  <td class="copyright" height="60"></td>
				</tr>
				<tr>
				 <td align="right">
				      <input name="image" src="../html/images/help_p.jpg" onclick="uiDoHelp()" border="0" type="image">
				  </td>

</tr>

<tr>
				<td colspan="4" class="tabdata"><div align="left"></div></td>

</tr>
<form method="post" action="webcm" target="_self" id="uiPostForm1"></form>

<form method="post" action="webcm" target="fPanel" id="uiPostForm2"></form>

</tbody>

[dexter] one time online told me that he wud make a softie for automatic login of the *192.168.1.1 thingy, but seems like he forgot about it. And now can anybody make this complete softie???

adorablesrini

Broken In
wel follow these steps to Log off(From Windows) or Restart(The Comp) or Switch off the comp!!

1.Make a shortcut (anywhere).In its Links properties select the shutdown.exe(its in System32 folder).

2.Now in ur Task Scheduler.Add this Shortcut as the program to be run at the desired timing!!

3.Now after adding the task.It will be shown in the Scheduler.Right Click on it and access its properties!!

4.Here in the Run section u'l c the path as path\shutdown.exe.Now add the following parameters for the desired effect!!

add -s to shutdown the comp!!! (for eg. "path\shutdown.exe -s")
add -r to restart the comp!!!
add -l to log off
add -f to forcefully shut progs n log off!

6.(also in my case i had to enable the "Run only if logged on" option to make it work!!

( hi rolcage i tried the shutdown option and yes it does shuts at the specified time !! so i hope the log off option shud also work)

avdhut_s

Broken In
is it true that MTNL has already discontinued providing Night Unlimited plan ?
coz when i registered for triband, couple of weeks back at Mazgaon exchange , receptionist told me tht they wont be giving NU plans. so i withdrew my application for triband.
then how come u guys r getting NU plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom