Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ankitsagwekar

MTNL Is LaunchING TV service In jan 2007

click here for more info

*mtnlmumbai.in/iptv/

What is IPTV

IPTV is not TV that is broadcast over the Internet.

"IPTV is generally funded and supported by large telecom providers who have undertaken the mission of creating a competitive replacement product for digital cable and satellite services."

"While the "IP" in its name stands for Internet Protocol, that doesn't mean people will log onto their favorite Web page to access television programming. The IP refers to a method of sending information over a secure, tightly managed network that results in a superior entertainment experience."

Last edited by a moderator:

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Re: MTNL is Near To Launch TV service

i read tht IPTV will be launched this Saturday in mumbai and on Tuesday in Delhi...
@tech_mastermind:the service will be launched in both delhi and mumbai...
but my big question is that...with so many faults occurring in MTNL lines everyday how will it manage to provide uninterrupted transmission of IPTV...
i cant have my cable down for a whole day or two due to some stupid fault...
well lets wait n watch the tariff...and as of now it has only 25 channels.

king007

In the zone

Points to be noted:

If you have problem with MTNL then:

-No Phone
-No Internet
-No TV

So in effect you are back to stoneage. And we all know the service of MTNL, it has the best customer service in the world.... :lol:

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.

imranais said:
Points to be noted:

If you have problem with MTNL then:

-No Phone
-No Internet
-No TV

So in effect you are back to stoneage. And we all know the service of MTNL, it has the best customer service in the world.... :lol:

Well, I can say from experience that the customer care is a lot better than Hathway, Pacenet and Sify's CC

anispace

dattebayo

yeah the customer service sucks but MTNL`s service is not that bad. Triband is just awesome... almost no downtime since the last 6months.

tinku dhar

In the zone

well .. ,

the places havin MTNL will only have this servise or BSNL tooo gonna LAUNCH in recent times GUys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

supernova

Mr. S Nova
As per current news.. the cost is Rs. 199/- pm for 25 FTA channels. Soon (as per the news) they will increase the no of channels to 200.
Catch - U need to buy another set top box @ 6k.. now who will buy tht!!!

NagpurDaMunda

In the zone
supernova said:
As per current news.. the cost is Rs. 199/- pm for 25 FTA channels. Soon (as per the news) they will increase the no of channels to 200.
Catch - U need to buy another set top box @ 6k.. now who will buy tht!!!

WTF ?? ? 6K is too much yaar ...itne me toh naya tv aa jayenga ..

king007

In the zone
The pricing is just too high for a set top box who will buy a STB for 6000 bucks, anyone would prefer going for Tata Sky at half the price and anytime better customer service...

mail2and said:
Well, I can say from experience that the customer care is a lot better than Hathway, Pacenet and Sify's CC
Try calling 1500 or 1504 customer service of mtnl and u will forget all ur past experiences...

Triband is the best service available in mumbai and MTNL is the frontrunner in introducing newest and best technology only if they can outsource the customer service to a private firm, it would be an awesome thing... :)

mediator

Technomancer
I agree with @imranais, MTNL is awesome! Its customer service is also superb! The mtnl office is near mah house! And after some rounds I got the cell number of incharge there. Though 1500 can solve ur problem in one day, I can call the incharge there straight away and get mah work done right away! MTNL surely is also leading the revolution right now! I'll too go for IPTV after winters, but I guess more will be brought in by the time! Neways I don't watch much TV, rarely use mah landline phone. SO, if service will be down then no probs for me! Cheers for MTNL!

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
the registrations for IPTV opened yesterday...
Here are some details(as far as i can remember):
Two rental plans for STB:
silver plan 1500/- yearly or 225/- quarterly
bronze plan 1000/- yearly or 200/- quarterly
the monthly charges as of now are rs.60/-
video on demand and a few other services are free for a couple of months...
Rs.5/- per pay channel to be charged...
24 channels currently offered by MTNL and it includes all the star channles...
Only 20,000 registrations to be allowed initially...
Broadband enabled line necessary....
Wiring charges as per requirement...
The service begins from 1st November 2006....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom