MTNL adsl help

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemant_mathur

-- No Easter Eggs here --
i have mtnl triband scheme (dont remember the exact name of scheme but its 256kbps, 400mb per month d/l). I have been using it since 3 months (connected through onboard lan) without any problems but nowadays i cant connect through the lan card. Whenever i try to connect the router through the lan card it says "acquiring network address" for a long time and then it shows that "this connection has limited or no connectivity" and it doesn't connects to the net even though all lights are up. But when i connect it throught he usb cable i am able to connect without any problems.
Can someone help me on connecting it through my lan card as i dont like to connect it through a usb cable and keep a us port busy.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Is DHCP enapled on your router? This is probably because the DHCP is not giving a valid IP address to your computer.. Try giving an IP address manually to your PC (in the range of 192.168.1.X)

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
Maybe there is some problem with the onboard lan.
Try installing a pci lan card and check ur connection.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Fix mtnl adsl whoes

I too have the same plan.I have also had this problem heres the solution
Start the router and type 192.168.1.1 in the browser then go to advanced setup----click on the markeup box and click on remove (remove everything that is there)-------Now go to quick setup and enter 32 instead of 35 ----next----then click on pppoe over ethernet---------next------type urename (your telephone number) pasward (that was given to u)
and then continue the setup.The rest is very simple for futher referance see the manual in the box of the router.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
@hemant: I dont have an MTNL connection, so not exactly familiar with their modem.. But u can go to 192.168.1.1 and find lan setup there there you will find DHCP.. Just enable it and restart ur modem.. Only if this doesnt work, try what samrulez wrote.. Just check if VCI is already 32 (find it somewhere in WAN).. If its already 32, then what samrulez is saying wont help..

OP
hemant_mathur

hemant_mathur

Hey samrulz it's already 32 on my system .... so i decided to call up their help line and told them my problem ... i was told that someone will visit my place in a day or two .. its been 5 days and no one has showed up ... i'll update this post when someone from mtnl visits my place and solves the problem.

forever

filth is me
yeh man, mtnl sucks, they promised 256 and the average i get is like 128 or even less, i tried 2 call em on 1504 and registered a complaint but nobody responded. i tried to go the online customer care and registered there 2 and it has been like 1 week since that, but whenever it asks for my number 4 an update on the complaint i enter it and then it shows some error. its 1 hell of a bad customer service, hey can v sue their asses 4 not givin us the stipulated speed?
anyway, i was thinkin of switchin 2 airtel, but im a little sceptical of any other isp, i think they can b a little bit of surreptitious at times , that is , i dont trust em.
=*STATION*=

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
on the contrary the service in my area is gr8.i get 256Kbps most of the time and in the nite i get sumtimes 40KBps dwnld speed also.my upload speed is round abt 32KBps.also wen i call thm up for ne problem thye turn up in 48 working hrs! Its sumtimes the luck factor tht cums into play!!!

OP
hemant_mathur

hemant_mathur

I didnt had any problems whatsoever before this month ..the connection used to work great ... i used to get download speeds of more than 30 kbps any time of the day .. but since april started so have the problems ..i asked a few people who have the same connection in the same area and all seem to be having the same problem. BTW now i am connecting using the USB port and it works fine but not as good as before and is not cool to keep a usb port busy. And yes i am still waiting for someone to visit my place and fix it up. So i'll update as soon as someone comes over from mtnl (plz pray for me !!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom