MTNL ads mislead!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxfan

Technomancer
All the MTNL Triband ads and even their website says that they count only downloads. But beware! They count data transfer i.e. download + upload.

I called a few times to their call center and different people have confirmed that they count data transfer and not download! :x :x

MTNL ads are misleading!

Sourabh

Laptoping
The whole broadband scenario is a joke. Firstly, neither BSNL nor MTNL had the infrastructure to offer 2Mbps connections to all. So, now when their customers have to do with variable speeds ranging from 256kbps to a unit mbps, they throw absurd plans along with the data transfer anomaly you pointed out. If I am not mistaken, MTNL previously calculated data transfer on download alone. All the Triband plans are absurd. What is anyone supposed to choose if you have an above average surfing frequency? Caps like 400MB, 700MB and 1.25GB on 256kbps+ lines only do good to MTNL. Many of the BSNL subcribers too are suffering from low connection speeds past few weeks, especially those on UL900. The year 2006 was a lot better for broadband. 007 would only make people loose faith in broadband due to fear of huge bills or curbing their desire to surf and download.

For the records, MTNL Triband ads have even made their may in digit magazine minus the 'upto 2Mbps' part.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Well Ashish to tell you the truth....I have been a subscriber of MTNL broadband for 20 months now but for me not even in a single month my uploads have been counted in my data transfer...

OP
tuxfan

tuxfan

Technomancer
And it gets counted here every single time :-x Even their call center confirms that it gets counted!

anispace

dattebayo
what?? The uploads r not counted.I have been using Triband for the past 11 months n never seen my uploads counted.

edit:I m talkin about mumbai. no idea bout delhi

Pathik

Google Bot
mtnl/bsnl sucks .. Wats the use of a 2mbps conn if the data caps remain the same.. There shd b atleast 1 scheme offering unlimited data transfer at ny price

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
I am fed up of this Broadband joke..
I wish that some MNC comes in India with her own International backbone !!!

anispace

dattebayo
atleast the public sector companies such as MTNL/BSNL r tryin to increase BB penetration in India. THe private companies r just sittin on their a$$es.

Yeah..at least for BSNL its true..no idea about MTNL...BSNL charges for all the data..INCOMING+OUTGOING....and at least here in Bangalore they tell it clearly to everyone...Even its shown In ur account details..how much u downloaded and how much uploaded..

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
I've been on MTNL's Triband for the past 13 months and I have loved every second of it ( Well, kinda )

And not once have they counted uploads for me :D

Back in those months when i was fairly active on DH.net , I used to upload nearly about 4-5 GBs every month.

Uploads are still free for me !!

iinfi

mekalodu
i cant believe people use MTNL triband with the data caps. if i start using it the 400MB or 1 GB (whatever) will b over in under 1 week ...then the bill will land me behind bars :(

there is no reliable cablenet also in my area. kaise jindagi jee raha hun :(

Josan

Gangsta
I have been the user of bsnl Rs 500 plan in which they offer free uploading and downloading in night ,Even i have not reached their limit of free usage ,i have been charged with loads of bill

OP
tuxfan

tuxfan

Technomancer
MTNL website FAQ says they charge only for download, call center says even uploads are counted! Who is right? Shall we trust the call center guys or the website? :( Actually, both have a low credibililty! :x

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
tuxfan said:
MTNL website FAQ says they charge only for download, call center says even uploads are counted! Who is right? Shall we trust the call center guys or the website? :( Actually, both have a low credibililty! :x
No they charge only for Downloads. I have been charged all these months only for downloads.
If you notice they are charging u for uploads also, goto Triband in-charge in your area and show him your downloaded bytes.

OP
tuxfan

tuxfan

Technomancer
I think I will have to install some data transfer counter that will show me the bytes uploaded and downloaded in a given period. Can someone please suggest me some reliable free software for this purpose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom