MSN Messenger 8.0 Feature List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sourabh

Laptoping
MSN Messenger 8.0 Feature List

While MSN Messenger 7.5 just came out, 8.0 is already being worked on and heading towards beta by the end of the year. A third party source whom is said to be from Microsoft has provided us with this information. Here's a list of possible and rumored features Microsoft is contemplating on going into the IM client:

• Change of Messenger Skins
• Real-time Emotions
• Messenger Built Internal Windows Media Player 10
• Pause/Resumed File Transfers (File Blocked Extension Applied)
• Detailed File Transfer (Download/Upload Speed)
• Animated Display Pictures (.gif .jpg .png (File Support under Consideration))
• Mood Status
• Faster Contact List Loading and scrolling
• Public Profile and MSN Spaces Combined
• More MSN Space features
• New Hotmail and MSN Messenger Integration
• Downloadable MSN Messenger on Mobile
• News Updates according to Location
• Top 10 MSN Music Radio
• New Stylish Notifier Pop-up
• Downloadable Skins for MSN (Contact Window & Conversation Window)
• Complete Integration with Windows XP® & Windows Vista® Codename: Longhorn®
• Offline Voice/Message Machine
• Animated Buddy Icon Helper
• Display Picture Ratings

Again, don't expect to see anything in any users hands until early 2006 though.

ReadMore/Source: The Hotfix

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
is the mobile version of MSN free ?
i mean y wud micro give such a good thing for free ?
also, y did they release these new features so soon ...
wll bore people i think before it releases...

busyanuj

In the zone
okay, the feature list is really cool. But if all those features are put into MSN messenger; which is already considered a bloatware, then the new MSN Messenger 8 will guzzle RAM like pepsi !

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
haha
and a very carbonated one in that too....
Also, is MSN better than Y ! or is this too a never ending debate ?

mario_pant

In the zone
mann.... this is not a feature list but a WISHLIST orginated on the mess.be forum...... just go and read the newspage at *mess.be LOL.... u do u guys give wrong info?

OP
Sourabh

Sourabh

Laptoping
mario_pant said:
mann.... this is not a feature list but a WISHLIST orginated on the mess.be forum...... just go and read the newspage at *mess.be LOL.... u do u guys give wrong info?

Well if you ever read the post once, you could have found your answer, Its clearly written that

Here's a list of possible and rumored features Microsoft is contemplating on going into the IM client

Besides if you happen to see the date of this rumour on The Hotfix site, its 27th and Mess.be only had it on their page on the 28th. Besides IF you happen to see the Mess.be Article in their Latest News section it clearly put forwards their views on the Messenger 8 rumoured features list. Such is the present state going around in the world of technology that not much info, news/updates are managed to be safe guarded and more often than not these get public before the release. So such rumours can most probably be the actual feature list or most of them could be incorporated.

Please refrain from posting something in the forums as wrong info without even bothering to click on the Source Link. Anywyas lets get back to the topic in discussion.

Ashis

In the zone
Well....Yahoo! works for me!
I don't have buddies In MSN!

And again It has no chart room....I prefer to hang out In IRC -> FreeNode, Ocenica :- Web !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom