MSI RS480m2-IL or ASUS A8N SLI ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

suhas_sm

Journeyman
Apart from SLi wat all major differences are there in these two motherboards ?

=> MSI RS480m2-IL
=> ASUS A8N SLI

One is priced at 6k an other 13k ! <--- y such a huge gap.
Also if all the future upgradations n expansions are possible in the MSI apart from SLI then is it worth going for MSI ?? I plan to upgrade wateva possible apart from buying a second GPU. i m contented with one.
Pls help.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
MSI rs480 > based on ATI's rs480 chipset, whereas the a8n-sli is based on Nforce 4 sli chipset. The nf4sli chipset is a enthusiast level chipset i.e. you get a lot of features with it. Plus overclocking is really very good with that chipset. There are no overclocking features in the MSI board. The a8n-sli can support 2 video cards in sli mode.This feature isnt available in the MSI board.

OP
S

suhas_sm

Journeyman
blade_runner said:
MSI rs480 > based on ATI's rs480 chipset, whereas the a8n-sli is based on Nforce 4 sli chipset. The nf4sli chipset is a enthusiast level chipset i.e. you get a lot of features with it. Plus overclocking is really very good with that chipset. There are no overclocking features in the MSI board. The a8n-sli can support 2 video cards in sli mode.This feature isnt available in the MSI board.
apart from sli ne other differences ? like will i be able to upgrade rest all peripherals with the upcomming technology in MSI rs480 ?

OP
S

suhas_sm

Journeyman
also tell me about A8N e pls.. wat it lacks as compared to these two !!! i m looking for almost aa the features that can be available on a good motherboard except for SLI !

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
13K...
DUDE where r u from
I bought Asus A8N SLI premium 15 days back for 10100rs(and that is not binary)

paraman

Journeyman
suhas_sm said:
also tell me about A8N e pls.. wat it lacks as compared to these two !!! i m looking for almost aa the features that can be available on a good motherboard except for SLI !
A good place to get info about all things related to AMD is amdzone.com

G

gxsaurav

there are a few chipset issies with the ATI chipset, like slow USB 2.0 & under performaing PCI-E, i would say go fot A8N-E, if U don't need SLI, but U will also miss onboard graphics

godzi_85

In the zone
A8n - sli deluxe is a darn good motherboard...
good over clocking capabilities..
supports 4 sata drives and an additional 4 sata drives in raid..
ohh you can also connect sata drives externally which is pretty cool feature for the board.. (ofcourse you have to set it up first)
provides you with 10 usb ports!! good enough for a lan party man!!
the board doesnt have any issues now as the bios has been upgraded ..( a hell lot of times!!)
very rock solid motherboard...... great performance too.. and if you can pay for it then go for it...
(oh go for the premium one and not the sli) ..
also the only difference in a8ne and a8n sli is that a8ne doesnt have another slot for a graphic card..
hope this helps....

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
suhas_sm said:

In thats case A8N-E definitely recommended over the msi rs-480 and a8n sli since you aren't going to SLI anyways.

manmay

Journeyman
see apart from the price diff. between msi and a8n-e msi mobo also has an onboard grafix solution while with an asus a8n-e or sli one u'll hav to get an additional graphics card. ofcourse as other have mentioned earlier that nforce 4 chipset is much better than the ati chipset.
but that dosent make that msi board bad.. cause believe me this mobo rocks too. man of course for a casual gamer and general use less the overclocking part.
but still i'm more than happy even with out overclocking..
i can guarantee that the onboard graphics of this one is better that the intel gma900 graphics solution.
i play almost all the games at really playable frame rates and the some decent eye candy still on...
i play half life 2 , nfs ug2, ug1, san andreas, cricket 2005 , unreal 2004.....aur man it really rocks ...

ya nforce4 based mobo also supports sata 2 hardds also but they r still to become popular ... when i bought my comps 2 months back....
cost of msi mobo was 6200, asus a8n-e was 8000 and sry dont know abt the sli (utni aukaat he nahi hai yaar)

Crazy_Eddy

Broken In
The MSI board has NO additional PCI-E slots apart from the PCI-E 16x graphics slot. So while this board is supposed to be a PCI-E capable board, whats the point with no PCI-E 1x slots ? Its a microATX board, which means few slots and those slots are only PCI. The only advantage is the onboard graphics.

If on a budget, go for a Winfast nforce4 Ultra which is a full fledged ATX board with decent number of slots.
Else Asus A8N-E is a wiser choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom