MSI or ASUS or GIGABYTE

Status
Not open for further replies.

debasish13

Right off the assembly line
guys i have an AMD 3200+ . my motherboard died last sunday. Suggest me a good but cheap mother board . my choices are MSI K8NGM2-FID, ASUS A8N-VM CSM, GA K8N51PVMT. which is the best. plz suggest me other board if you think is better than the above trio.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Hey post single thread...
Double post: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41892

Regarding Mother Board, go for Asus..

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
I would go for Gigabyte GA-K8N51PVMT-9 as this one comes with High Definition MPEG-2 and WMV hardware acceleration, Advanced motion adaptive de-interlacing, an Integrated HDTV encoder and neither asus nor msi comes with this. they only have HD audio.

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
High-definition video generally refers to any video system of higher resolution than standard-definition (SD), i.e. NTSC, PAL and SECAM. It is important to note the difference between general purpose high-definition video as discussed in this article, and its specific applications in television (HDTV), professional acquisition (HDCAM, HDCAM-SR, DVCPRO-HD & D5-HD), consumer acquisition (HDV) and optical disc systems (Blu-ray and HD-DVD).

Reference link: *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-definition_video

So, tomorrow, if you buy bluray/HD-DVD, you can connect a HD monitor and watch HD movies in High definition.

Video Tape -> CD -> DVD -> HD-DVD/bluray

The above tree should clear your doubt.

Note: high def drives/monitors/movies have very high pricing. But will come down soon. If there isn't much difference in price between gigabyte and asus motherboard, go for Gigabyte. Who knows, you might buy a HD-DVD or bluray drive and HDTV tomorrow.

OP
D

debasish13

Right off the assembly line
guys i m not actualy going for features , a m for performance ( games mainly) and a have my oly ddr400 ram , so to utilise this i should stick 939 , but choosing board is a nightmare for me. maximum good boards are not available in the Kolkata market right now (for am2). so my choices narrows to GA K8N51PVMT, MSI K8NGM2 IL (FID is not available) and MSI RS482M4-ILD. a new priya kripton on Nforce4 is also there. My first choice was MSI K8NGM2FID BUT IT IS NOT AVAILABLE. So please suggest me which board will give me good performance with onboard and external graphics. how is the ati one.

monkey

Padawan
ATI solutions are good, especially for AMD, and MSI makes best MoBos for AMD (in my opinion). Me and many of my friends are using MSI MoBos with AMD Procs and are very happy. So you may settle for MSI RS482M4-ILD. And for price of 4,900/- + tax, it looks good value too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom