msconfig not working . can anybody help

Status
Not open for further replies.

testergt

Right off the assembly line
when i open run and type msconfig, regedit or some system softwares. it doesnt load. can anyone help me on this... its giving me a lotta headache

mohit

The Hardware Labs
are you logging in as administrator or not ?? u need admin privileges for most of these config files.

sakumar79

Technomancer
mohit said:
are you logging in as administrator or not ?? u need admin privileges for most of these config files.

msconfig needs admin privileges, but if you try to access as a regular user, it will give an error message. But from his post, I dont think he is facing that problem. Also, regedit will work for regular users also...

@testergt: Are you able to go to safe mode and run the commands? If so, load msconfig and check if there are any suspicious startup entries. Check your system for spyware and viruses. If there are none, also run sfc to ensure that your System Files are OK...

Arun

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
varungupta17 said:
Please Mention the OS in ur posts

Now in which OS do u find "MSconfig huh ?
If u are counter pointing that can be windows 2000 then y doesnt Regedit open :p

@author - are you in admin privlege mode or limited mode ? msconfig is a system utility and thus doesnt allow limited users to use it...

alternatively u can use system mech pro for editin startups and registry cleanups...if ur trying to do that is...

champ_rock

champ_rock
same prob occured in my windows 2000.... i had cop[ed the msconfig file from xp to 2000... it is supposedv to work.......

just go to manually to windows fldr and then try opening it...... (my command line got damaged by some virus....)
(there will be a file regedit and msconfig there)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom