MS Office/Open Office--File Save Dialogue Box-Modify

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varghese

Right off the assembly line
At my office I use a system with WindowsXP and Open Office 1. At home I use Office 2000 with Windows 98.
On the left side of the file open and file save dialogue boxes I find a few folders like “My Documents’, ‘Desktop’ etc. under the heading, ‘Look in’ or ‘Save in’. In addition to these folders, can I add a particular folder and, if I can, how?

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Open "regedit" and goto:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common\Open Find\Places\

Create a key "UserDefinedPlaces" under the "Places" key and then also create 3 keys Place1, Place2, Place3 under "UserDefinedPlaces" key.

Now select "Place1" key and in right-side pane, create 2 STRING values:

Name
Path

In "Name" U can give ne name which will be displayed in the Open/Save Dialog box and in "Path" give the location of the Drive or folder which u want to be opened when u click on the item in Open/Save dialog box. for example:

Name = C:\
Path = C:\

Do same for other 2 Places: "Place2" and "Place3" and give different-2 Name and Paths.

PS: u can create only 3 places!

And for showing ur 3 customized places in Open/Save dialog box, u hv to disable any 3 Standard places in "StandardPlaces" key! Simply change the value of "Show" DWORD value to 0 for any 3 Standard Places item, like "Favorite, publishing, recent".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom