MS apyware, norton2004, Spybot S&D failing

Status
Not open for further replies.

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
i have winXP with Sp2 + all etc etc softwares..
for security i have SP2, Norton2004 Pro, Spybot S&D, Lavasoft Adware, MS Antispyware with all updates, and always find my computer clean.
almost daily i do full system scan with all these things but still i have popups all over my page(i have google popup blocker)... and i just cant open gmail.com.
i was just going thru MS Antispy settings and i found these host entries...
*img146.echo.cx/img146/3027/hostfilelist4gf.th.jpg
i cant delete any of the entries, how can i delete it?

4 popups opened while i wrote this.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
It is recommended that you do not try to delete anything on that list. That's the host file that DENIES access to those sites that are known to be bad and carrying spyware/malware. That is not an infection list. That's just the stuff that the program automatically blocks.

anandk

Distinguished Member
whoa ! you have winxpsp2 plus the works, and you still get plenty pops !

one thing looks sure, u r infected. can only suggest u also scrub your pc additionally with spywaredoctor & spysweeper too.

also download a good hosts file and copy/paste (replace) it in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc. download it from this site :
*www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/

visit *www.auditmypc.com and see if the pop-up tests there are of any help to you. :)

swatkat

Technomancer
Your HOSTS file is alright. It protects you from visiting the listed sites.
Download HijackThis and unzip it to dedicated folder (like C:\HijackThisFolder\hijackthis.exe).
Then run it and click the button Do a System scan and save log file. HijackThis will perform a scan and saves the log file as hijackthis.log in the same folder where it is installed and it also opens the file automatically.
Copy the entire contents of the file and post it this Section.

OP
club_pranay

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
thanx enoonmai , swatkat!! i had tried hard to delete them :lol: now i know, i was only inviting more... btw, the problem is solved... i overhauled the whole system!!
thanx once again for your help bro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom