Mp3's as ringtone in nokia 6600

Status
Not open for further replies.

sourav

In the zone
I have a Nokia 6600, and I cannot have mp3's as my ringtones.
For having songs as my ringtones I ve to convert them to wave format which consumes a lot of my valuable memory of the phone.

Do I have any way to make mp3's as my ringtones....(any software or codec that will do the job.)

Please write the correct procedure to install such program n where to find the program.

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
@sourav ohh yaar u are a old member .. just search .. i have answered so many questions on it.
ok I am tellin in short .. u want to save the memory space by converting to mp3 .. if I tell u u can even save double than that .. would u beleive me. yes u can.. Just install oggplay .. its freeware find on google.. u need oggplay-MMF_1.6.9.sis & use dbpower to convert to ogg format. use half bitrate than mp3. now use search u will find many threads.

Last edited:

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Is this oggplay application available in java format so tht it can be installed on S40 phones?
Also is there a java based MP3 player less thn 100KB?

OP
sourav

sourav

In the zone
thanx to all, i have tried a lot of softwares to make ringtones work on my phone but noyhing worked. I have searched in digit, it said to use a codec but it also didn't work

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well if u r using 6600 then it should (no apparent reason as to y it wont on ur fone) ..... make sure u have a proper sis ..... rather than installing only the codec first try installing wmaplayer and if then u r able to set mp3s as ringtones then go for the codec ..... try you will succeed

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
Ogg files as ringtone in Nokia 6600 !!

sourav said:
thanx to all, i have tried a lot of softwares to make ringtones work on my phone but noyhing worked. I have searched in digit, it said to use a codec but it also didn't work
havnt u got it done yet
.. ok i tell u the seedha seedha follow it, but dont ask many questions plz. just follow it
> uninstall the mp3/player if any already installed.(u can reinstall latter if u want)
> restart & install this(*rapidshare.de/files/33969530/OggPlayS60_1_70.zip.html) in ur 6600
now install converter(1) & ogg vorbis codec(2) in your computer
right click the mp3 & wav files . select convert to and rip to ogg[at 24kbps 16000Hz Mono{dont use stereo}]
now copy these ogg files to memory card, delete all the wav & mp3 files stored in card
.. insert the card in phone if using card reader.
Go to profile n select .OGG file as ringtones. ;) ogg codec is optimised for mobile devices & are half the size of mp3 :))

Pathik

Google Bot
yup.. Ogg is defi better than mp3.. Also u dont need a diff player 4 dat.. Ultra1.52 plays ogg 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom