MP3 CDs, how to maintain order of songs

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Everytime I burn an MP3 CD, the order is distorted. On my PC the list looks like 1, 2, 3, 4. When I burn it on a CD and play it in a player, it plays in the order (example) 2, 1, 4, 3. :(

How can I ensure that the songs play in the same order (of albums as well as songs inside albums) as they appear in Windows Explorer?

theraven

Technomancer
which software do u use ?
anyways next time u write a cd number them or rename them so that the order falls in alphabetical order
thats basically the problem ... u need to sort in alphabetical order .. thats how it plays in the player

G

mostly the order in mp3 player and computer differs sort the songs alphabaticaly then ur prob will b solved

aadipa

Padawan
rename songs like

001_Album_Artist_Title.mp3
002_Album_Artist_Title.mp3
003_Album_Artist_Title.mp3
004_Album_Artist_Title.mp3
005_Album_Artist_Title.mp3

OP
tuxfan

tuxfan

Technomancer
I use Nero 5.5 that came with my Plextor CD-RW and Samsung CD-RW.

My songs are pretty well organised and sorted. I always view them in that order only. But burning them screws up the list.

They are named as

Album - 01 Song Name.mp3
Album - 02 Song Name.mp3
Album - 03 Song Name.mp3
Album - 04 Song Name.mp3

So they are pretty well sorted.

theraven

Technomancer
when u create an mp3 cd .. ur creating a data cd ..
in that case it adds files in order automatically ...
so just tell us if that order ... and ur cd order is the same or no ?

OP
tuxfan

tuxfan

Technomancer
I just drag and drop the folders in the burning list in the Nero. There it appears in the proper order. But when I play the CD in an MP3 player, it is not in the same sequence. I hope I am making myself clear. Thanks for your help so far.

lovedeepchd_2004

Right off the assembly line
I also came across same problem when i was beginner in cd writing.To maintain the order you have to prefix numbers to the names,but if you give names "1kalhonaho" and "11timetodisco" it will play 11th song first.So you have t use "001kalhonaho" if you want to play that song first.Then proceed with 002,003,004 and so on.

OP
tuxfan

tuxfan

Technomancer
I said earlier
They are named as

Album - 01 Song Name.mp3
Album - 02 Song Name.mp3
Album - 03 Song Name.mp3
Album - 04 Song Name.mp3

All my songs have are named properly and sorted on my HD. They are from 01 onwards inside their respective folders. So after 01, 02 should play and not 11 or 04 :(

OP
tuxfan

tuxfan

Technomancer
Can you please suggest some other burning software that would work with Plextor CD-RW drive?

theraven

Technomancer
he cant use folders for every song now can he ?
i mean if it isnt sorting songs, it wont sort folders ...
tho ofcourse u can give it a try ...
just try another software for now

OP
tuxfan

tuxfan

Technomancer
write mp3 with option audio
This will create audio CDs. MP3 CDs must be written as data CDs

use folders in order to manage order
he cant use folders for every song now can he
I really can't use one folder per file. That would be too laborious and will mess up the collection.

I will try another software. Please suggest a free software and also the place from where I can download it. Thanks.

OP
tuxfan

tuxfan

Technomancer
ID3 tags are same as song names. If the song is 01 song1, ID3 tag is also 01 song1. I have taken great pain in ensuring that everything associated with the MP3 files is perfect. Still the sequence gets messed up :(

wen u burn an mp3 cd.....usin da option, der is a playlist........chk da extention and make a file of the same extention usin winamp, named watever is the default name in nero ,........delete da playlist frm da burn window...an put da one u made wid da order u want in place of it.......try it wid an r-w first..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom