Mozilla Unveils Aurora Concept Browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat

Beyond Smart
*www.pcpro.co.uk/picture_library/dir_202/it_portal_pic_101340.jpg?4976

Introducing the Concept Series; Call for Participation

Laboratories are places where science and creativity meet to develop, research and explore new ideas. Mozilla Labs embraces this great tradition as a virtual lab where people come together online to create, experiment and play with Web innovations for the public benefit.

Today we’re calling on industry, higher education and people from around the world to get involved and share their ideas and expertise as we collectively explore and design future directions for the Web.

You don’t have to be a software engineer to get involved, and you don’t have to program. Everyone is welcome to participate. We’re particularly interested in engaging with designers who have not typically been involved with open source projects. And we’re biasing towards broad participation, not finished implementations.

We’re hoping to lower the barrier to participation by providing a forum for surfacing, sharing, and collaborating on new ideas and concepts. Our goal is to bring even more people to the table and provoke thought, facilitate discussion, and inspire future design directions for Firefox, the Mozilla project, and the Web as a whole.
Concepts may take the form of Ideas, Mockups or Prototypes.
Read More here:
*labs.mozilla.com/2008/08/introducing-the-concept-series-call-for-participation/

aku

Gonna make it BiG
Sure it does looks cool... and for the Windows version.. i just hope that its based on wpf!

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
That would be best coupled with some MultiTouch enabled surface (eg. Microsoft Surface; or Touchwall: or Similar) and a minimum of 8mBps broadband.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
WPF based browser will not be of any use as only the browser UI will be WPF as the web pages will be raster anyway.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Looks ewww(yuckkk) , cant say anything abt functionality. I hope someone submits a better concept.

This one looks better *www.makeuseof.com/tag/browse-the-web-in-3d-with-pogo/

Last edited:

aku

Gonna make it BiG
Still.. the browser will be much better than its nos WPF based counterparts.
Btw, i just hope, Microsft brings out some ui designing guidelines just like apple (Human UI Guidelines), and makes it more or less mandatory to design apps based on WPF... its just soo refreshing.
And as for the web... no one actually is having any control ova it.. lets see what future has to offer...

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
MS has already given UI designing guidelines but hardly any developer follows it. They all make there own UI which are always out of comsistancy & look bad. I had to persue my company here to strictly follow MS' UI guidelines when making any app for Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom