Mozilla - Lightning (sunbird) integration - Any luck ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

din

Tribal Boy
Anybody successfully integrated Lightning, the calendar plugin to Mozilla ? I mean not into Thunderbird but mozilla suite. I remember integrating it before, but the latest ver, I can't install into Mozilla 1.7.x . I do not want to make it standalone (Sunbird) as I need email notofication and other integration.

Any comments / experience ? I am usin the mozilla suite for quite sometime, like 4 yrs, used to it and do not want to use standalone versions now, thats y

[Edited by Din]

Ok, seems lot of things happened recently ! the mozilla suite is changed the name to - Seamonkey ?

And no calendar for Mozilla ? ? Very strange . Anyone know the reason ? ?

Last edited:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Yeah Mozilla Suite was stopped since the developers wanted to concentrate on a particular thing (Fx), now its known as Seamonkey and is under quiet devel.

eddie

El mooooo
din said:
the mozilla suite is changed the name to - Seamonkey ?

And no calendar for Mozilla ? ? Very strange . Anyone know the reason ? ?
Stop using Mozilla suite. It is D.E.A.D. Mozilla foundation stopped developing it so that the resources could be focused on the flagship products, Firefox and Thunderbird.

Original Mozilla suite was given to community for development and that gave birth to Seamonkey. Seamonkey is under active development and has all the features of Mozilla suite. Also, it fixes many security holes so it is all the more recommended to move to the newer package :)

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
Thanks for the info

Gonna try sunbird and another opensource calendar. will keep u posted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom