Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Hi frnds.
Since the thread for Hollywood Movies is longer seems to be in action, I decided to share this with you here...

30+ Hollywood Movies to look forward to in 2011
Article includes links to Imdb, Release dates, and Trailer links to Youtube :)

a_medico

Chillum Baba
No one killed Jessica - A touching insight on Indian legal system. Powerful performances. Rani tries to be macho by using mainstream gaaliyas, probably first time in a mainstream movie, but its okay. Myra as Jessica is quite a babe.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Layer Cake............................6.8/10
I found this movie boring, I and few of my friends started watching this movie, I went to sleep in between and they finished it (whereas I invited 'em to watch it telling its a very good movie)

Band Baaja Baarat - Lovely. Breath of fresh air. Nice soundtrack.

Is it so......yet to watch.

Did anybody watch Monsters yet? Would like to read regular member's take on it.
Are you talking about the new(2010) movie?

Le Corbeau: The Raven (1943) - IMDb 7.5/10

The story took time to build up but then it really engrossing. I could not get the ending though.

b/w I use "Extreme Movie Manager" for cataloging purpose

Last edited:

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Finlay I was able to import my all movies from IMDB to icheckmovies, here check out my profile ...

*www.icheckmovies.com/profile/unchecked/sam9s/

1,145 in total, I am sure couple of hundereds are still missing which I will add as and when I remember them. Movie Hookers here, whats your score ..... (genuine plzzz :))

Last edited:

abhidev

Human Spambot
haha yes.. Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron 1983 mast movie hai. .:D

Om Puri and Pankaj kapoor were hilarious....hahahha....lolz

Watched "The Fighter"....awesome acting by Christian Bale
and "Yeh Saali Zindagi".....story was ok but lot of slang lang....all in all worth a watch

Watched "The Fighter"....awesome acting by Christian Bale
and "Yeh Saali Zindagi".....story was ok but lot of slang lang....all in all worth a watch

Last edited:

R2K

In the Zone
Finlay I was able to import my all movies from IMDB to icheckmovies, here check out my profile ...

sam9s's profile - iCheckMovies.com

1,145 in total, I am sure couple of hundereds are still missing which I will add as and when I remember them. Movie Hookers here, whats your score ..... (genuine plzzz :))

^^
WOW nice and huge collection dude.....
Did u just add hollywood movies?
Mine was 852 when i last counted...But i indexed only hollywood movies...:smile:

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Watched Sanctum and The Mechanic today...

If it weren't for James Cameron, I would have never watched Sanctum. The movie left much to be desired.

The Mechanic too was depressing to say the least. I think The Transporter series had really set a high standard for Jason Statham. Since I expected more from this film.

I would give Sanctum a 5.5 for introducing us to the new world of caves, and The Mechanic a 6, only because it ends well.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Confessions (2010) - A teacher's story who plan a revenge on her teen students. Japan's this year entry for the oscars. It has a very Japanese touch to it and Oscar jury would definitely not relate to it. Something like sending Peeli Live or Paheli to Oscars. It has a surprise teen torture and is very violent. Good execution though. Watch it if you are in a mood to watch something different.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Confessions (2010) - A teacher's story who plan a revenge on her teen students. Japan's this year entry for the oscars. It has a very Japanese touch to it and Oscar jury would definitely not relate to it. Something like sending Peeli Live or Paheli to Oscars. It has a surprise teen torture and is very violent. Good execution though. Watch it if you are in a mood to watch something different.

Imma jumping over it soon :))

ajayritik

Technomancer
The Notebook (2004) - 9/10

Perfect movie to watch on valentines day with your valentine :p

If I'm not mistaken this movie was remade in Hindi as U Me Aur Hum.
Have heard from couple of people that its good. Since I already watched the Hindi one thought may not be worth it.
Anyways will watch it now.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
^^ U me aur hum was a lame remake. Do watch the original. Also recommended Away from her, which in my opinion is better than The Notebook. And also watch A moment to remember, a korean movie, which is better than all the above!

Imma jumping over it soon :))

I knew you'd definitely do it :)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
The Butterfly Effect - 8/10
I liked it, what about the 2 sequels ? Those are poorly rated.

Totally depends what kind of Genre you like.
If you into time travel concept (like I am), you would like the other two parts too.
But of course, its rare that a sequel can match the success of its predecessors. And The Butterfly Effect is no exception.

Top Bottom