Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Balabala

Broken In
Before we go
A must watch for hardcore romantics.With just a handful of actors,the movie is very neatly told,good production value given the limitations of the budget and a very elegant direction.
I was pleasantly surprised to note that the handsome hero was the director too and it was his maiden attempt.
Good cinematography and music
3 out of 5 stars

Balabala

Broken In
Light at the end of the tunnel
An argentine movie,a sleek,well made crime thriller.
Cinematography,direction and screen play top notch.
I do not want to tell anything about the story and play a spoiler.
3 out of 5 stars

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Before we go
A must watch for hardcore romantics.With just a handful of actors,the movie is very neatly told,good production value given the limitations of the budget and a very elegant direction.
I was pleasantly surprised to note that the handsome hero was the director too and it was his maiden attempt.
Good cinematography and music
3 out of 5 stars
That handsome hero/director is Chris Evans,aka Captain America!

Balabala

Broken In
Midnight sun
Scwarzenegger junior arrives with a bang in a role that looks like taylor made for him,not much twitching of facial muscles needed to act,he just needs to look charming and he does that.
A reasonable watch for hardcore romantics.
Songs were very good.
3 out of 5 stars

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
Decent acting by Ranbir and Vicky Kaushal. Apart from that the movie feels like a propganda piece to improve Sanjay Dutt's image. Every scene & every dialogue uses all Bollywood clichés to shove down your throat the fact that Dutt is just a decent man who made a few mistakes.
I would suggest to not waste your money on this untill you are a huge Ranbir fan.
Review about Sanju movie? anyone

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^Exactly what was published in some major hindi daily while Times of India gave it 4 stars.Seeing the trailer also gave impression of a propaganda type movie though acting seemed decent.

quan chi

mortal kombat
^^ Times of India gave it 4 stars.
Did Times of India and Taran adarsh rated any movies below 3 1/2 & 4 in recent years?:D Bhai brand is bigger than both of them thus consider race 3 as an exception.

Btw guys I have seen Race 3 & trust me its not as bad as people are saying it is. It was so close of being gunda 2(the original gunda not that south dubbed movie) . It was spoiled by some boring scenes and few(1 or 2 max) actually good fight sequences.
Bhai intro scene shows that bhai is a batman fan & with this scene he also pays homage to saif ali khan's dare devil character from previous race series.

Last edited:

Balabala

Broken In
WENDY AND LUCY
An award movie,it shows why,you feel like you live along with the charecters,so real and warm.Even if I was the jury I would have given the best movie and best actress award.
The movie throws light on the lack of family and support system in the US and how youngsters are left to fend for themselves and how difficult it is.
The heroine and director have excelled
A must watch.
3.5 out of 5 stars.

quan chi

mortal kombat
^^ language please.mods please check the languages. if anybody wants to discuss on race 3 please post on that gunda thread.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
WTH?! Whys was his post deleted?
He used * (or the filter itself changed curse word to *) but other than that the post was good enough!

quan chi

mortal kombat
Heard one comment the other day that Race3 is worse than "RGV ki Aag"!
Can the first had experienced ones verify this?
No its not bad.Not seen aag. Have you seen soldier 1998? It is somewhat similar to that. But race 3 is a good comedy film if you can bear with some boring scenes in the first half. I was laughing on many scenes which was supposed to be serious. Read my bhai entry from the above post. Things just happens in race 3 without any valid reason thats why I have mentioned it could have become another gunda. I can go on but this thread is not appropriate.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
No its not bad.Not seen aag. Have you seen soldier 1998? It is somewhat similar to that. But race 3 is a good comedy film if you can bear with some boring scenes in the first half. I was laughing on many scenes which was supposed to be serious. Read my bhai entry from the above post. Things just happens in race 3 without any valid reason thats why I have mentioned it could have become another gunda. I can go on but this thread is not appropriate.
I've seen Soldier and really liked it. More because, had seen it in my teens and was amazed with the stunts and twists.

"Kaam khatam, Aadmi khatam"
vs
"Aadmi khatam, kaam khatam"

Wah! I still remember the scenes clearly.

Balabala

Broken In
CONTRATIEMPO
cybherghost,thanks for recommending this movie
Like you've posted hollywood filmakers should learn from this director but unfortunately the director got a chance to make only one more film
Excellent cinematography,music,screen play and direction
One will have to spend time to tie the loose ends and arrive at a conclusion after the movie is over.
A must watch for all crime,mystery movie lovers
4 out of 5 stars

Balabala

Broken In
THE BODY
Made by the same director who made contratiempo and exactly the same story but equally well told.
This director has an inborn flair for direction,he executes complex plots with ease(how sad that he is reduced to making tv serials,talent wasted)
No body could have guessed the climax.
Again excellent cinematography and music.
Again a must watch for mystery,crime movie lovers.These movies are like reading crime novels.
3.5 out of 5 stars

Last edited:

harry10

Gadgets freak
Review about Sanju movie? anyone
It's a treat to watch. Brilliant acting by Ranbir, no one could have done a Sanjay Dutt better than him. In some shots you may feel it's actually Sanjay Dutt on screen. Direction, editing, screenplay is top notch. Script could have been better as they only focused on 2 aspects of his life while ignoring many. They may have tried to glorified Sanjay Dutt but in my eyes he came out as an entitled idiot who only created troubles for his family and his father trying to amend them. Will rate it 4/5.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using Tapatalk

Top Bottom