Move Over iPhone ... Theres a new tech wonder

Status
Not open for further replies.

axxo

99.9% Idle
since these cars are going to crawl like snails..chances are we may hit them a lot in the lane

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
@praka, you have a point.
i dont want to see irresponsible husband riding the bike with wife and 2 kids and then crashing!
its better to have hundreds of Nano's than the Family Bikes :p

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
@praka, you have a point.

its better to have hundreds of Nano's than the Family Bikes :p
i fu see ratan tata's interviews that was what inspired him to do this ... it started as a safer scooter project which after 4 years became this

Edburg

In the zone
on what basis are u saying that alto has better quality than tata :?

and a second hand car is always a second hand car, service centers - after the success of the ace tata too has improved on no. of service centers in deeper pockets of india ;)

i meant that the indicas and indigos are very unreliable and high on maintenance and not great service offered by them.....i have my frnds who own these tata cars and are not at all satisfied as it was supposed to be economical and light on pocket which was the reason they went with these low end cars...

i dont about others but i would anytime pick up a second hand alto(or anything simimlar) for its more power,relatively safer,comfort....and still retaining the economy and efficiency...

praka123

left this forum longback
alto got that 800cc engine of 800 afaik :p!the first lott of alto where fitted with a 1 litre engine which was really better!.now getting alto-I will never do that!

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
my dad went kaput when he saw this...
we payed somewhere around 0.85 million Indian Rs for our Hyundai Santro with A/C ... :(

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
alto got that 800cc engine of 800 afaik :p!the first lott of alto where fitted with a 1 litre engine which was really better!.now getting alto-I will never do that!
you're wrong:p

its the other way around:p

first they launched a 800cc , then stopped that model, as it was not much powerful for the Alto.

i have the 800cc model only:))

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i meant that the indicas and indigos are very unreliable and high on maintenance and not great service offered by them.....i have my frnds who own these tata cars and are not at all satisfied as it was supposed to be economical and light on pocket which was the reason they went with these low end cars...
i have an indica petrol and its around 4 years old if im not wrong (older tahn my p4) and it still works pretty nicely no complaints :)

goobimama

 Macboy
8.5 lacs for a Santro!

As for Tata's quality, it's definitely not as good as Suzuki. This is suzuki you are talking about! The engines are like rock solid. I just hope that the nano is not suckier than the Indica... That thing is like a truck!

praka123

left this forum longback
^LOL!but yaar i find driving it OK even in big traffic also!(diesel model) :D may be ur hands are too short :lol:

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
whats the cost of the following?

* Indica Petrol
* Indica Diesel
* Hyundai Santro with AC w/o body coloured bumpers

* Maruti 800

??

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
^^ no i was reffering to that dera old Maruti Suzuki 800..isnt it available anymore?

n what abt Santro?

Last edited:

din

Tribal Boy
@bikdel

Refer - *indiacar.com for the prices. May not be very accurate, but close to the actual price.

@iMav

Yes, I also heard a lot of people complaining about Indica (may be the diesel version only?). One of my cousins working in Tata motors here in Cochin (Customer care) was also telling she receives a lot of complaints most of the days. May be you are lucky ?

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
@iMav

Yes, I also heard a lot of people complaining about Indica (may be the diesel version only?). One of my cousins working in Tata motors here in Cochin (Customer care) was also telling she receives a lot of complaints most of the days. May be you are lucky ?
diesel has a lot of problems after abt 2 and a half yrs but petrol works fine

praka123

left this forum longback
@imav:diesel model is value for money if used for long time.my uncle got a 2006 first tata indica diesel dls model.he is satisfied with it,also no complaints except when the car runs on AC which means the car is lossing power :( also diesel model will work fine.acc to tata expert service guy here says that old indica diesel cars(that with telco written) needs to change the timer-belt @ 75000kms and newer cars(Tata cars written in chassis) needs timer-belt change at 1 Lakh kms.also diesel pump servicing,nozzle servicing etc needs to be done at particular kms.thats it.after that everything is fine.
If u want a petrol car,why indica xeta thing!go buy some other better cars(bad!misses maruti esteem!good driving experiance!!!). :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom