mouse problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

anarchy0x

In the zone
i hav an iball black cat which i bought like 2 weeks back. I loved this mouse at 1st but when i played UT with it it really realy bugged me off... the mouses wheel button is kinda loose .. so it automatically scrolls in between .. i searched online for this & this seems to be a 'known issue' ..
check this out >> *www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=49978&cat_id=533
is there anyway i can disable it?

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
shantanu_webmaster said:
IF you bought it 2 weeks back , then it must be under waranty ,,!!!! go get it checked

Definitely a two week old thing should not be much of a difficulty to replace

OP
anarchy0x

anarchy0x

In the zone
yea but like i said .. the mouse runs fine on all other things ... the problem is only in games .. it seems to be a know issue ... here read this ...its freom the rview

A Cat-astrophe?
Yep, everything about the Black Cat is well and dandy, except for one very annoying thing – the practically non-functional ball in the center. Having a central ball that works as a four-directional scroller is an excellent idea on paper. Unfortunately the implementation doesn't seem to be quite right. The ball is loosely based on the top of the mouse; loosely, because the scrolling is extremely inaccurate with the response varying from way too fast to virtually non-existent. I tried changing the speed settings through the drivers, but it only led to more inaccuracies.

If that wasn't enough, the ball seemed to have a life of its own in games. Normally in First Person Shooters, the vertical scroll button is used to changing weapons. Since the ball is not accurately placed, a little fast paced hand movements in Quake III would result in my rocket launcher changing into the gauntlet. Fellow gamers can imagine how frustrating this can really get.

The box claims that you can use the ball as a trackball. All I would like to say to that is – Don't try this at home!

*www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=49978&cat_id=533

shantanu

Technomancer
HMMM so dude there must be a software that came with it UNINSTALL IT, if not then go to control panel and see the mouse properties if you find something there..

..:: Free Radical ::..

The Transcendental
Get autohotkey.
I daresay its an essential for all windows users.
Make a custom script for the trackball for the applications / games you desire or in general .
You can even disable the trackball according to your preference or make custom macros.
You're done.
The trackball is tamed.

OP
anarchy0x

anarchy0x

In the zone
ok i ll search for 'autohotkey' on the net .. n as far as scripts r concerned , i know C, C++ & learning JAVA atm .. i know how to make .bat i.e bach files .. but i ll search on google for a script for disabling the middle scroll.. thanks for posting pal

..:: Free Radical ::..

The Transcendental
No need for writing scripts in C++/batch (unless you are more comfy with that)
Autohotkey has a high level scripting engine similar to autoit.
It has commands to disable any key (may that be of a mouse, keyboard, gamepad or even the remote of your tv (google about winlirc for the latter) or make the key perform a custom action.
You can even make macros for your favorite game.
Give it a shot. read the appended chm file in the autohotkey software for the how tos.
It will be the best thing that happened to you :D
*www.autohotkey.com/download/
If you are still not able to do that, just msg. me and i will make the script for u :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom