Motherboard shows a geforce 9 instead of 8 as onboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

georji

Right off the assembly line
I have an ASUS M3N H/HDMI motherboard which has geforce 8300 onboard graphics...

but the day from which i bought the thing, the graphics is shown as geforce 9200... i ran it through GPU-Z... still it shows the same..

What seems to be the problem??

I installed the geforce 8300 drivers... from net.. but then the system has display errors... And when i install the sound driver..(realtek HD audio) the sound is grainy.. i can hear weird noises from my speakers whenever there is harddisk activity...

This is my entire sys config...

AMD Phenom 9850 BE,
ASUS M3N H/HDMI
2 X 2GB 1066 DDR2 RAM
1TB HDD.

this is not a mediocre system naa..Still it takes a while when i install a new OS or something.. and startup time is not that remarkable..

But everything is under warranty.. So what shud i do?? what could be wrong??

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

acewin

Point Blanc
then you are real lucky if it is really is 9200.
OS installation would also need on optical drive reading speed for the CD/DVD. But if the startup time is not good then it can be a problem.
which optical drive you got. and the 1TB HDD is new or old. How much data is there on it. and what is the exact model of it. 1TB or 8MB buffer will not give very good performance I think,

try your headphones, where no setting is required anytime. check how the sound comes. Also check your speaker settings.

Do you got any old system.
Alot much is needed to confirm to really say that system is not good.

And if you start chainging start with the mobo first. Because overall bad response means mobo is not function alright

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
your motherboard spec show *www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=149&l3=676&l4=0&model=2181&modelmenu=1 that it is 8300 but according to you it is showing to be something else..
i m sure you have tried to install the drivers from the motherboard CD first..

you might want to return it back to the seller..
or
you can fix it by flashing the BIOS (which should be done properly and carefully)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom