motherboard for pentium4 2.0 ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akhil Jain

Journeyman
guys i have pentium 4 2.0 ghz processor on williamatte core
400mhz fsb , 256kb l2 cache , 478 pins

my current mobo is from microtek and did not justify my processor and is a bottleneck..... it also does not have room for upgradation since it was a cheap budget board. moreover with only 4 mb onboard graphics it sucks

no slot for graphics card also
so I WANT TO CHANGE MY MOTHERBOARD
plz suggest from asus , gigabyte or msi . also my friend says foxconn is also good.

i have two ram sticks 256 mb each @266 mhz..
suggest a good motherboard with its nearby price

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
You can use chipsets of Intel upto 875 I think.

845 - Still rules the market
865 - Is a decent board
875 - 865+goodies...

These migh come around 4000 at max (not sure, but its definitely old)

You can go for MSI/ASUS. I have tried them both and they are real good :)

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Akhil Jain said:
guys i have pentium 4 2.0 ghz processor on williamatte core
400mhz fsb , 256kb l2 cache , 478 pins
If i'm not mistaken, socket 423 was the Williamette core while socket 478 was Northwood.

tech_mastermind said:
Intel 915 GAG is better !
Yes but it uses the LGA 775 socket. It won't work with his proccy.

Best option would be to buy a 865 mobo or replace both mobo and proccy with current generation ones.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
AFAIK, Intel has stopped production of 865 Mobos... Coz i myself hv an INTEL D 865 GBF mobo and wen i enquired abt them (a couple of months back) the dealers told me that Intel has stopped its production..

Cheers n e-peace.....

eddie

El mooooo
If you can find one then you are lucky as hell but you will still have to pay a premium. A new 865 board will certainly not come at 4000 bucks. These dealers see how desperate you are and then fleece you accordingly.

IMHO sell both the board and processor as a "kit". You will get better value for your products as they sell very easily in combos and then buy a new AMD processor with mobo. Much better option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom