Motherboard for gaming and vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ASH_DSG

Hi friends,
I want to know which mother board for p4 should I buy, that have good inbuild chips for playing games both old and new and can run Windows vista also. Please tell me whinch mobo should I buy and their prices in Delhi. Is ati chipset mobo Intel d102ggc is ok it can play most games and will it run Windows vista smoothly or any other mobo I don't want to buy a graphics card, please reply soon.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
State your budget

If you are talking about serious gaming then onboard video of any kind sux. It's just meant for a low cost solution to run the OS

Pathik

Google Bot
for vista get a DG965RY... its compatible wit C2D...
u ll also be able to play decent games on it.. but forget high req games...
newys u can always add a GC later..

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
dude rit now i think only Intel's 965 series m/b have Vista compatible onboard gfx., which is GMA 3000 or GMA X3000.

if you want to run only OS (Vista) & not games, then only buy these as the GMA X3000/3000 both suck big time for gaming.

i have DG965WH m/b, in intel's website its stated that this m/b has GMA X3000, but when checking thru both a s/w & DXDIAG, the report says it has GMA 3000 (not X3000):x, & when i tried to play games (NFS MW, Colin McRae 05, GTA San Andreas, GTA Vice City), they ran like SLIDE SHOW.:x though i had 1GB DDR2 RAM:x

if you want to game too, then best bet for you is get a Graphics card with any of these m/b (as i think the 965 series only supports P4 [LGA 775] & C2d Procy. )

premsharma

In the zone
Yeah ATI 102 board is good & very good onboard graphics. You will be able to play most of the games and it also runs vista nicely but the drawback is that it is not futuristic i.e do not support Core 2 Duo in case you want to upgrade in future.

Some more boards in 946 from MSI and Intel does support C2D and has same graphics onbaord [i.e GMA 3000]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom