motherboard for E8400

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudhir31

Broken In
hii

i want to but a new machine
processor E8400 but i am not able decide which mother board i have to use
Asus boards look good but i cant find any good review for E8400 and asus boards:confused:

planning to go with 4Gb ram and 320 GB HDD
i have a 8800GTS graphics card

and i heard we need bios update for most motherboards if i use this processor

can you suggest a good mother board for the processor.
i dont know if motherboard's like abit are available in Hyderabad thanks

Last edited:

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
Abit IP35 for 5.5k

btw you can't find a review with that same processor.but u can find motherboard's reviews and thereby judge board's performance.

In Asus P5K-C costs 8000 rupees which is a good board..

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi sudhir.....i am too from hyderabad.....i dont think here we are getting any good board coz i have enquired from every shop ....... I think you shud go for aBit IP35-Pro.....its a great board....i bought it from techshop.in....u can also try lynx-india.com

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
Ip35-Pro for 9k is a superkool board....with "out of the box" support for ur e8400....it has a good cooling system and great layout and gives superb performance......

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
IP35pro comes with PCI-e 1.0 slots ..consider it outdated now..
for that price its gotta be MSI P7N Sli Platinim with PCI-E2.0..otherwise ABit IP35-E rules..the best thing you can buy for 5.5k ..

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
For a PCI-E2.0 u cud go for aBit IX38 QuadGT which comes for around 10k......and it has great performance too...

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
guys it aint matter if u have pcie 1.0 or 2.0.2.0 is just a marketing gimmick.not even thee 9800gx2 uses full bandwidth of 1.0,let alone a gts(g80/g92)

OP
S

sudhir31

Broken In
thanks for all the replies

i feel like going for ASUS as i havent heard much about Abit before
even though reviews suggests it is a good and cheap board

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
go for asus P5K-c or p5n-d if its asus.
Also PCI-e 2.0 has a performance impact..its not a marketting gimmick..though 16X PCI-e 2.0 Sli mode is what u can call a gimmick.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Well check this for rectifying this "PCI-E" Fuzz!

Anyways, if ur budget is less than 6K then go for Abit IP35-E, trust me, u won't regret it!
But if u can afford to got for 10K then MSI P7NSLI or A-Bit X38Quad GT.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
For value segment : Biostar TP35D2-A7
Abit IP35

For extreme overclocking delight : Abit IP35 pro ( this mobo uses all solid state capacitors ( necessary for long mobo life ) as far as I know where other two mobo use mix of solid sate & electrolytic capacitors

avik735

Right off the assembly line
Abit IP35 Pro is a great board,and unless u r going xfire,there is no performance gain wth x38 over p35.
Abit IX38 QuadGT is equal or sometimes even lower in performance than the IP35 Pro,which is the best board of 2007.
PCI-e 2.0 is nt a gimmick,it has twice the bandwith,bt the best gpu nw,the GTX 280 hardly uses the PCI-e 1.0/1.1 8x bandwidth.
PCI-e 1.0/1.1 has been there for about 5years nw,still nt being utilised as much as it can be,it will take atleast 5 more years for cards to be bottlenecked by PCI-e 1.0/1.1,bt by that time it wil also be bottlenecked by ddr2,c2d.....u get the point.
Go with the Abit IP35 Pro,it has got the best performance-price ratio_Only if u plan xfire,go with the Gigabyte GA-X38-DS5,which is even better than the Asus Maximus Formula.In case u want to go sli,go for the MSI P7N Diamond.
Since u already hav an 8800gts,if u plan into multi-gpu,u hav to go for sli.

yesh1683

In the zone
If u want cheap board have a look at Gigabyte GA-EP31-DS3L
*tw.giga-byte.com/Support/Motherboard/CPUSupport_Model.aspx?ProductID=2779

It costs just 3.5k in lynx india

But it doesnot support RAID

But it does have some very powerfull features and it is extremely overclockable
It supports 1600 FSB (O.C) & DDR2 1066 (O.C)
8 Channel HD audio

Here is overclocking results
*www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/575/5
With this motherboard they set a dual-core Celeron E1200 running at 3.0 GHz (its original clock is 1.6 GHz)

But they have listed the following in RED COLOUR Which i dont have any idea

* Because of chipset limitations, do not populate both DIMM sockets of the same channel (e.g. DDR and DDR2), or populate 4 DIMM sockets with double-sided memory modules to prevent system's failure to start or incorrect detection of memory modules. Please refer to the user manual for the memory configurations table.

* Because of chipset limitations, when using FSB 1333 MHz CPU with populating all DIMM sockets, memory frequency will be reduced from the original, and system instability or incorrect detection of memory module may be occur.
Please refer "Memory Support List" for memory support information.

Plz can any one explain me
and also i have ordered it
I will use 2x1GB DDR2 667 Transend ram thus it has any issues ????

PLz help

forever

filth is me
If u want cheap board have a look at Gigabyte GA-EP31-DS3L
*tw.giga-byte.com/Support/Motherboard/CPUSupport_Model.aspx?ProductID=2779

It costs just 3.5k in lynx india

But it doesnot support RAID

But it does have some very powerfull features and it is extremely overclockable
It supports 1600 FSB (O.C) & DDR2 1066 (O.C)
8 Channel HD audio

Here is overclocking results
*www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/575/5
With this motherboard they set a dual-core Celeron E1200 running at 3.0 GHz (its original clock is 1.6 GHz)

But they have listed the following in RED COLOUR Which i dont have any idea

* Because of chipset limitations, do not populate both DIMM sockets of the same channel (e.g. DDR and DDR2), or populate 4 DIMM sockets with double-sided memory modules to prevent system's failure to start or incorrect detection of memory modules. Please refer to the user manual for the memory configurations table.

* Because of chipset limitations, when using FSB 1333 MHz CPU with populating all DIMM sockets, memory frequency will be reduced from the original, and system instability or incorrect detection of memory module may be occur.
Please refer "Memory Support List" for memory support information.

Plz can any one explain me
and also i have ordered it
I will use 2x1GB DDR2 667 Transend ram thus it has any issues ????

PLz help

There are two types of RAMs, single sided and double sided. The one you are getting is double sided. For you to utilize dual channel bandwidth put one RAM stick in either of DIMM slots I or II and the other in either III or IV. If you put two double sided sticks in the same channel (I&II or III&IV) you will experience instability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom