motherboard dilema

Status
Not open for further replies.

madman123

Broken In
hi people,
i was planning on putting together a new comp, and after deciding on most of the hardware i got stuck on the motherboard: i can't see what is possibly the best.

this is my configuration till now:
- intel 650 3.2 Ghz
- kingston 533 DDR2 1gb
- WD Caviar SE 250 gb
- XFA 6600GT 256mb

for this, what motherboard would be best. budget is around 15000k
the motherboard should have atleast 3 pci and 1-2 pci-e. Sli is not really needed..

thnx in advance
nitin

Tech&ME

Banned
since this a good intel rig.

Why don't you try to get the intel Extreme Edition mobo.

D955XBK (ATX FORM FACTOR)

Or

D955XCS (BTX FORM FACTOR)

this boards will do what you need to do with them and they are good for your requirements and budget.

Please you buy it, please let me know the cost of the board, since I am also looking for an upgrade.

OP
M

madman123

Broken In
Tech&ME said:

Or

this boards will do what you need to do with them and they are good for your requirements and budget.

Please you buy it, please let me know the cost of the board, since I am also looking for an upgrade.

so ur saying i should buy the original Intel board?...
but aren't asus and msi offering better deals...

Tech&ME

Banned
madman123 said:
Tech&ME said:

Or

so ur saying i should buy the original Intel board?...
but aren't asus and msi offering better deals...

YES! since you are not looking at SLI, its better to go for intel original if you can get it. And the mobo I suggested fits your budget and also this mobo comes with UV based cables as a free bundle, which you wont get with ASUS except DFI which is not available in India as of now., you also get 7.1 channel onboard audio and ya there is no onboard graphics but since you are going to buy a gfx card, this wont be a problem either here.

This mobo is a EXTREME EDITION one is easy for future upgrades.

mangemayur

Journeyman
ASUS is much more better as compare to Intel, check out on there site, decide which chipset to go first (will depend on yr processor). even gigabyte is good in the 955 range.. but no idea how much it cost

OP
M

madman123

Broken In
what r uv cables?...well i don't know if i need the sound..if that is a carrying factor as i have a audigy 2zs platinum....as for ASUS....i have the 650 processor...which mobo would be best

Tech&ME said:
YES! since you are not looking at SLI, its better to go for intel original if you can get it. And the mobo I suggested fits your budget and also this mobo comes with UV based cables as a free bundle, which you wont get with ASUS except DFI which is not available in India as of now., you also get 7.1 channel onboard audio and ya there is no onboard graphics but since you are going to buy a gfx card, this wont be a problem either here.

This mobo is a EXTREME EDITION one is easy for future u
pgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom