Motherboard Blues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

shariq_pj

Broken In
Hi people...

This is my first message poasted over the forum... Coz i joined jus now...

I hope u guys help me out...

I find that the motherboard i hav is an ASUS p5gl-tmx...

Now, the problem is I tried to figure out what the motherboard features were in ASUS website... But the motherboard model I was searchin for was nowhere to b found... Instead there was this motherboard of model p5gl-mx...

Help me guys...

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Welcome shariq_pj. Could u plz mention what problem are u facing. Is it just for query or is there any problem.

This is the deatils I found on the net for ur MB here:

*translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=*www.frontier-k.co.jp/products/deskbto/frkc/index.asp%3Fp%3Dfrdc1p50d8k%26c%3Dspec&prev=/search%3Fq%3DASUS%2BP5GL-TMX/GB/SI/1394%2BIntel%2B(R)%2B915GL%2B0%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DG

ASUS P5GL-TMX/GB/SI/1394
Intel (R) 915GL 0
915GL+ICH6 LGA755
Dual Ddr (DDR*4) MAX4GB
6ch-AUDIO
USB2.0 back 4 (MAX8)
IEEE1394 1 (MAX2)
FDD PATA
SATA*4
G-LAN
Vga
PCIx3

OP
shariq_pj

shariq_pj

Broken In
Thanks a lot john...

that ques was jus a query.... to know more about my mobo...

But john... Does'nt this mobo support PCIe too... Coz that's wat the vendor said...!!!

swatkat

Technomancer
You can try the software Lavalys Everest to get detailed information of all hardware components.

Sourabh

Laptoping
Your motherboard, has a PCI-e 16x Slot. The vendor hasnt taken you for a ride. If you were wondering, check the pic - the blue vertical slot in the PIC is the PCI-e slot.

*img119.imageshack.us/img119/5099/as04p5glmx5mt.th.jpg

OP
shariq_pj

shariq_pj

Broken In
Thanks a lot guys... U guys hav been really helpful... Can u guys tell me which chipset in the 915 series i.e., the GP, GL, GV and G r good... This chipset thing had been confusin me a lot...

theraven

Technomancer
915 is the chipset
the rest are the series
they are all the same except for a few features here n there. chipset is same for all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom