Motherboard and Graphics Card Trouble!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

I have an Intel P4 2.4 GHz (478 pin) processor. My problem is the motherboard that i use is of 4X AGP slot and my graphics card is 8X. And its causing me hell of a lot of problems. My computer gets restarted everytime i start it without a reason. Even after i updated my GC driver its giving me that same problem. I have a GeForce FX 5200 256MB graphics card. My motherboard is ASUS P4VP-MX. I would like to know any good MOBO for this processor with an 8X AGP slot (preferably an ASUS MOBO). I went to a shop to change the MOBO but they said 478 pin processors are almost out of use. So MOBO's for them are not available. Atleast tell me some MOBO model nos. so that i can search for them on eBay or something!!!! PLZ Help!!!!

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
well here are a few:

1. ASUS P4S800D-X SiS655FX Socket 478 ATX Motherboard w/RAID
2. ASRock P4i65G

I just hope this solves your problem........The asus one has a AGP 8X slot for sure...

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Are you sure it's a problem with your mobo only? I have a similar problem to you but my doubts are tending more towards my 350W SPMS then the mobo.

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
Which SMPS are you using? 350 w or 400 w or 450 w?
If its a SMPS problem then changing your motherboard will only be wastage of money......

shantanu

Technomancer
CAN BE A PSU(smps) problem and just update your bios...
are you using a asus make gpu..
for updating your bios: for ASUS P4VP-MX
*support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

direct download via download manager:
*dlsvr03.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/sock478/p4vp-mx/P4VP1012.zip

shantanu

Technomancer
BEFORE BUYING ANYTHING JUST GET YOUR PSU(SMPS) CHECKED FIRST or try installing another PSU coz if your psu is working correctly it seems to you but somewhere it might be lacking...
one more thing that you use an AGP card your card works on 3.5v slots perfectly but the mobo give 1.5v (AN MSI PROFESSIONAL TOLD THIS TO ME) applies on intel .sis.nvidia,via abd all famous chipsets.. as you have a old mobo so you just have to take your system toa proffesional and got some jumfers shorted for 3.5 v for AGP slot.. your problem will be solved and if you go for MOBO then ITS UP TO YOU.... just want to save your bucks

OP
H

hell_storm2004

Broken In
Well I want to change my MOBO coz its really becoming frustrating. So i want to get rid of the root problem. The best thing i could do is change the whole set of processor and MOBO.... bt my Dad wont supply me that much of funds!!!! So the next best thing is changing the MOBO. Thanks guys for all the help!!!! Well could u plz tell me which jumpers to change, so that i can give it a try at home before going to the professional???? Coz carrying the whole CPU would be hectic!!!!!

OP
H

hell_storm2004

Broken In
Hey guys. the problem is solved! One of my friends told me to increase the virtual memory. i did. and its started working fine after that! Dont know why. Dont know How! Thanks Guys for all the Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom