Mother board or OS problem ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

tusarks

Broken In
Dear friends ,
I had put one thread earlier asking about sudden graphics problem on my screen , after which i was not able to use any input device and i had to shut down .. After restarting things become OK .. Recently i saw a message as my ialmrnt5 file has entered infinity loop and i had to restart .. This happened several times within last 30 days and now also i got same message .. Earlier , restarting the computer was an easy solution , but this time itz not coming and at the initial phase of booting itself i saw a jebra screen of blue and black. It seems some serious problem with my mother board ..

My Mother board is intel 845 GVAD2 genuine and processor P4 2.4b GHz .. I use RAM of 256 MB .. I was thinking, may be due to less space available (450mb) in my C drive this occured , but when i tried without the Hard drive and same zebra i saw even after replacing the CMOS .. My OS is Microsoft XP professional with SP2 .. It was working fine since last 1 yr without ny problem .

Looking for your kind suggestions friends ..

Last edited:
T

thunderbird.117

tusarks said:
Dear friends ,
I had put one thread earlier asking about sudden graphics problem on my screen , after which i was not able to use any input device and i had to shut down .. After restarting things become OK .. Recently i saw a message as my ialmrnt5 file has entered infinity loop and i had to restart .. This happened several times within last 30 days and now also i got same message .. Earlier , restarting the computer was an easy solution , but this time itz not coming and at the initial phase of booting itself i saw a jebra screen of blue and black. It seems some serious problem with my mother board ..

My Mother board is intel 845 GVAD2 genuine and processor P4 2.4b GHz .. I use RAM of 256 MB .. I was thinking, may be due to less space available (450mb) in my C drive this occured , but when i tried without the Hard drive and same zebra i saw even after replacing the CMOS .. My OS is Microsoft XP professional with SP2 .. It was working fine since last 1 yr without ny problem .

Looking for your kind suggestions friends ..

Download a new drivers from intel website.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Allocate more space for C drive since it needs space for Virtual Memory. You should
have atleast 5 or 6 GB allocated to C drive alone. Reinstall Windows. See if it solves
your problem.

OP
tusarks

tusarks

Broken In
I reinstalled windows XP without SP2 and it solved the problem . Now I hav loaded drivers from the original Mother board CD . Earlier I had loaded a downloaded grphix driver and after this problem occured , i tried to install the driver with my mother board . Unfortunately it was not taking and when i reinstalled the same down loaded driver , i saw no improvement . Now it is OK . Thanx for all your suggestions .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom