Mother Board of Graphic Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

hp.swing

Right off the assembly line
I installed Fifa 2008 in my computer but cannot play it. It comes out only with blue screen. I need to restart every time after dat. Please help. My computer confiquration is:

Intell Pentium 4
2.66 Ghz
758 MB RAM

My Graphic :
Intel 82865G Graphic Controller (Internal)

What should I do?
Get Graphic Card or Mother Board
Which one will be best?
Please help

blCk.pRiNcE

Right off the assembly line
Dude i have the same prblm.. see my thread somewhere in the same page called trouble with Fifa 08.
Maybe the suggestion's there would help u but no real help there with wat card to buy.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
U r most probably having a motherboard with AGP slot or no slot at all. U can get AGP cards, but they're outdated. If u decide to upgrade ur motherboard, u'll also hv to change ur processor n RAM.

Check this out to find a gfx card within ur budget:

*www.theitdepot.com/all_produc...rds-cat-45.htm

Prices are only indicative, but should give u a rough idea.

Hrithan2020

In the zone
Buy a new motherboard(with either amd or nvidia integrated graphics;amd 780g is a v.good igp) & processor.It'd be more than enough to play fifa 2008.

Then,buy a pci-e card later if u require coz otherwise when u upgrade the agp card u buy now would be useless.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
If that game is all you wanna play, just buy a motherboard with intel 965 chipset or higher. These IGP solutions are much better than the earlier on intel 845, 915 and 945 etc. They can actually play some games( but not all and obviously not with optimum settings, but they run). But you will have to change the RAM, which is not a big deal since they are pretty cheap now.
Buy a mobo which supports P4 and the latest quad cores as well so that you can upgrade you processor and graphic card easily later without any issues.
In short--- Buy a new mobo which has a good IGP and which supports your processor as well as any processor that you may consider buying later.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Not sure if you are getting a BSOD but just wanted to let you know that an onboard 865 can easily handle FIFA 2008 at 800x600 resolution.I have seen all of the FIFA version version being played quite comfortably on the earlier Intel GMA's.One of the reason's why EA sports games are so much popular as they aren't so demanding.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom