monitor vibrates if mobile kept near it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajeshjsl

AskRajesh
when i run internet through mobile by the help of data cable i have to keep it near my computer and also the data cable is not so long that i may keep it 3 metres away.

the monitor vibrates and i am unable to see properly .
is the monitor will go bad due to this ?
or how can i solve the problem without connecting any wireless interface

this is not a problem, it is quite natural. lemme explain this phenomenon. the monitor builds up a magnetic field, and due to that the pictures are displayed in the monitor. when a mobile phone is kept near the monitor, the field of the phone interferes with the field of the monitor, resulting in display problems(like color distorsion)

to correct this temperorily, degauss the monitor. there will either be a button on the monitor, or an option in its administrative menu. If you dont find a buton like that, that means the monitor degausses itself automatically. all flatscreen monitors do not worry about this interference, as it does not happen in them. only the rounded-screened monitors need to do this.

so what is degauss?
it is basically, removing the external magnetic field that is causing the interference and refreshing the monitor.

you need not worry as the monitor will not go bad due to this, although if you keep on looking at the "bad" display, your eyes may gio bad.

i assume that you attach your phone to a data cable, and keep your phon e near the monitor. i recommendn trying out the foll>:

attach your phone to the data cable, and keep the phone away from the monitor, preferably, under the computer table. this may sound silly, but this helps.
or else,

even though the data cable wire may be short, the monitor wire is not short, right? so position your monitor away from the phone.

or, buy a longer data cable, although it would cost you somewhere around RS. 500-800

i hope this helps.

damnthenet

Journeyman
I face this problem when I place my Digital Piano's power adaptor near my monitor. I was worried 'bout the very thing and hope to benefit from dheeraj_kumar's reply.

this is not a problem, it is quite natural. lemme explain this phenomenon. the monitor builds up a magnetic field, and due to that the pictures are displayed in the monitor

With Thanks, Daniel Moses

because power adapters(except cellphone chargers) use coils with lots of wire windings, which act as magnets when applied some high voltage(230 V), that happens for you Daniel

Charley

Just Do It
Dude move away the phone to a distant area or use an obstacle like a box or any as that between the phone and the comp.

Tech&ME

Banned
Mr. dheeraj_kumar , i don't think what you say is all true. " this is not a problem, it is quite natural "

Dude there is a problem if u keep your cell phone near the monitor. Its not only the magnetic part of the monitor is causing this, this also effects other electonic parts inside the monitor and the mobo and the CPU.

Lets take an example , Why u are asked to switch off your cell phone while in an aeroplane or in a operation therater (hospital) if its just the magnetic field which gets disturbed and nothing harmful can happen ( according to you dheeraj ), The question is WHY ? Are the people in the airport or the pilot fool or is the Doctor fool to ask u to do this ??

The answer is NO. Because it DOES effects your computer monitor and the aeroplane computer and the medical equipment which is also a part of computer.

Let me give you one more example. U go to a Petrol Pump to re-fuel your car, u see a SIGN BOARD which say "Please kindly switch off your mobile phones when re-fuelling " WHY ? Are the people at the Petrol Pump mad to do this ? Or are the Government is mad to ask them to put up such an SIGN BOARD in there Petrol Pumps. The Answer is NO no one is mad.

Actually, a Study in the US, reviled that, when a Phone call is received on a Cell phone an approximately about 30 to 40 watts of currect is generated by the cell phone to catch the signal. ( This is also one of the reason why your battery goes drains when u talk a lot on your cell phone.) Which in turn can trigger a spark at the Petrol Pump which in turn can ignite a FIRE. And hence, for precautions Governments around the world decided to put up that SIGN BOARD with that message on it.

So, its much more then the magnetic field effect that u were talking about. It can interfere with the CPU of your computer or the BIOS of your computer which are nothing but integrated chips on your mobo. It can permanently damage this chips and your mobo can get fried.

So, it is recommended that u do not use your cell phone near heavy electrical signal device, like for example a laptop computer, desktop computer, Electrical Panel Board of your home / office, Near hospital or say inside hospitals, in the aeroplane ( mainly during takeoff and landing, since this can interfere with the aeroplane's computer and wrong instructions could be passed which may lead to accidents.)

Computer also throughs some sort of electrical signal in the environment by means of radio waves and the like. Miss interpretation of this signals by your cell phone can signal the computer to behave differently causing serious damage to the computer parts inside your computer without u being informed of this.

So, next time u sit with your cell phone near your computer be carefull.

escape7

What? Where? How?
Its a bit complicated guys, the best thing to do here would be to keep the cell a bit away from the monitor or have a seperation inbetween them.

damnthenet

Journeyman
Some of you have a misconception that keeping 'something' inbetween could be a solution. But what's doing the work is an magnetic field and so nothing inbetween can cease the magnetic field...I guess. Any suggestions?

chinmay

Journeyman
hmm..i think its the same magnetic field which makes the light sticker on the cellphone antennae glow 5 seconds b4 a call comes..

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
The first time it happened to me, i thought something had gone wrong with the monitor, so i shut the PC down. Well my comp engineer says it affects the monitor

Charley

Just Do It
escape7 said:
Its a bit complicated guys, the best thing to do here would be to keep the cell a bit away from the monitor or have a seperation inbetween them.

As I'd mentioned

:wink:

Biplav

In the zone
ok my moniter screen used to flicker when the mobile was near it.
but
i put up something that helps in avoiding the harmful radiations that come from the mobile when in conversation (this is what the vendor said)
what i found out is now when i keep my cell near the monitor there is no flickering.!!!

Biplav

In the zone
hey i dont know wat it is called but it just looks like a filter(i.e with very small holes in it- like in a musquito net ) and is sticked at the place where our ear is placed on the phone while we talk.

expertno.1

Technomancer
hey ! leave all above problems and follow me :-

1) disgauss the monitor

2) keep the mobile phone as far as you can

3) keep the mobile phone in a box made up with silver *remembr the box must be opened at the other end and closed at that end where is the monitor*

try it

if it not solves the problem then pm me and i will tell you more advanced way to solve the problem

right: this thing needs a few explanations to be done:

@Tech&me

most electronic devices have what are called "coils" which are basically wires wound over a solid

object.
when current passes thro the wires, the object(called the core, generally made of a conducting

material like iron) builds up a magnetic field, which is proportional to the voltage given to the

wires.

aeroplane: a plane uses radio waves to communicate to the control station. a cellphone also uses

these kind of waves for its communication, so there is a very high possibility of these waves

getting interfered, and as you all know, communication with the airport control centre is very

important in case of emergencies and such. so phones are banned in planes. but new technologies

are available which can make people use cellfones in airplanes.

operation theatres: they employ several electronic devices, controlled by computers whose

magnetic field can interfere with phone's field, and it is the patient's life which is at stake.

so they are banned. another reason is that hospitals are supposed to be quiet, to enable patients

to fasten their recovery.
the ringtones in cellphones disturb the patient, and even when set in vibrating mode, people are

supposed to talk in hushed voices. they cannot shout"arrey bhai" in the top of the voice in a

hospital. a heart patient can die instantly of shock(that is the only hindi i know/....lolz)

petrol bunks-you have explained it yourself....

so, cellfones are not to be kept near:
1.high voltage places(transformers, the main circuit board of your house)

2.computer monitors, televisions(only crt, not lcd)

3.speakers(they can cause distorsions in sound, and sometimes can blow up too)

4.petrolpumps

5.in airplanes

6.places of heavy rainfall, or places with thunder and lightning

this is a natural phenomena, but quite a dangerous one...

@chinmay_d
that is not a magnetic field, although it is a powerful electric field,which lights up the light sticker(actually called neon backlights)

@biplav
get me more info abt this if you can...thx

expertno.1

Technomancer
the flickering of the screen will not cause a problem for you rajeshjsl!!!!! its normal

i have also the same common problem for 3 months but no any sign of damage to the monitor according to the vendor

Tech&ME

Banned
Mr. dheeraj_kumar What you say is true and i understand that rajeshjsl should understand this in the first place.

I am a Computer Engineer (Hardware/Software) and also know electronics and particularly the wire winding thing, Since motors require such wiring, I have seen it practical, that if how exactly it is done in various applications ( appliances ). And thanks for your the explanation.

Anyways the point here is move your mobile phone as far as possible from your computer. Use a bluetooth ( if it supports your mobile ) with your computer to connect to the web or data transfer. Bluetooth allows you to move your mobile device at atleast a distance of 20 mtrs (approx.) so , this will enable you to put your mobile phone in a safe corner of your computer room and still you will be able to use your mobile and the computer together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom