Monitor too Dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohankv

Right off the assembly line
Hi! My Monitor is too dark when I watch movies, and play general games.. but If I play games which have a gamma modifier like Unreal, then the display is fine. I tried increasing the brightness in the Preferences section of DivX player, but, it doesn't change anything a bit. I can't seem to find the DivX MPEG4 Decompressor, as mentioned in the DivX site, to change the brightness settings... is there any software that will increase the gamma or brightness of my monitor ??

swatkat

Technomancer
If u have Adobe Photoshop,then it bundles a small utility called Adobe Gamma from which u can set the optimum Gamma using ur monitor's controls.u can find it Control Panel.
If u dont have Photoshop,then u get this software called Powerstrip to calibrate Gamma.This is THE tool for Gamma correction,supports almost all G-Cards and has in-game hotkeys to increase Contrast and Brightness so that u can see the darkest places.
*entechtaiwan.net/util/ps.shtm

ujjwal

Padawan
I have the same problem, and I use a small tool called Powerstrip (as swatkat mentioned) *www.entechtaiwan.com/ps.htm (windows only unfortunately)

BTW, Its rather a blessing to have a darker monitor, your eyes are more relaxed. Especially if you use a tool like powerstrip to control brightness when you need it :D

tuxfan

Technomancer
How old is the monitor? It may be time to replace it. Have it checked from a service center. I had a similar problem. I fortunately managed to sell it and 6 days after I sold it, it stopped working completely :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom