Monitor size reduced....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
My PC is provided with 400Watts PSU. I recently purchased a XFX GeForce 6600 GT AGP 8X card, for a few days the display was full stretched to full screen. After some days i dont know how the display is reduced and a gap of abt 1 cm is left on both sides. I reinstalled the drivers several times( also several versions). Please recommend some cure

digiFriend

In the zone
ionicsachin said:
My PC is provided with 400Watts PSU. I recently purchased a XFX GeForce 6600 GT AGP 8X card, for a few days the display was full stretched to full screen. After some days i dont know how the display is reduced and a gap of abt 1 cm is left on both sides. I reinstalled the drivers several times( also several versions). Please recommend some cure

try different screen resolution,and if you see gap in different resolution then-
there are control on monitor to stretch the screen.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
LOL! It's so simple to solve this.
Right click on the desktop and select 'NVIDIA Display >> [Monitor]'. In the menu that appears, select 'Screen Resolutions & Refresh Rates'. Move the 'Screen resolution' slider to the resolution you want (slide it to the extreme right for highest resolution) and select 'Highest (32 bit)' from the 'Colour quality' drop-down menu. Under 'Monitor Settings', enable 'Hide modes that this monitor cannot support' (though it should be enabled by default) and select the highest refresh rate from the 'Screen Refresh Rate' drop-down menu. Click on 'OK' or hit return (Enter). You're done. The screen will flicker and will stretch and fit to the corners of your monitor screen.
If, however, this doesn't work (though it should), then you will have to use the buttons provided either below the screen or on the right side of the monitor.
Hope this helped! :)

OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
I have tried that all. I tried all refresh rates under all resolutions. But its of no use. And also the space 1 cm is left over on both sides when the screen is stretched by 100 units. But i feel the problem is with my monitor because if the graphic card gets even a bit less than full power it requires, it ll give no display. And also the space on both sides is left over even in BIOS screen ( fully stretched).

OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
But my graphic is perfectly OK. All the games and 3 D softwares are working fine. I tried keeping my old MX440 but the problem was still there

khansdream

Journeyman
There is no problem with software or the graphic card. The monitor is getting down. Check if ur monitor is grounded properly.
If ur monitor power cable is attached directly to the SMPS of Cabinet, remove it and plug it directly to other point.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I may be wrong but isn't it normal that there is a bit of space left on the borders? I mean, a millimeter or two should be there even if it is perfectly okay.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
aryayush said:
I may be wrong but isn't it normal that there is a bit of space left on the borders? I mean, a millimeter or two should be there even if it is perfectly okay.

Yes, I myself keep 2 or 3 mm on all four sides.
But in his case, it is 10 mm which I think is too much.

khansdream

Journeyman
10mm is too much. And I am sure if he doesn't check the power suppy (to monitor) that 10mm will grow and soon he will find a tiny pixal in the center of the screen......!!!

janitha

Wise Old Owl
khansdream said:
10mm is too much. And I am sure if he doesn't check the power suppy (to monitor) that 10mm will grow and soon he will find a tiny pixal in the center of the screen......!!!

But I dont understand it. The monitor has its own SMPS and is supplied with normal 230V AC whether it is from mains or UPS or the extra socket in the SMPS of the system. (in which case it is only a bypass socket and not powered through the SMPS circuit)

In such a case even if the supply can affect the display size it can only be due to variation in the voltage. Then at least when the voltage is normal, the screen size should be normal.

Pl correct me if I am wrong.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
khansdream said:
There's still some time before that happens, I suppose! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom