Monitor Sharpness/Clarity

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HAWK21M

My 17in Flatron from LG,on switching on has a dull face & still duller edges [the time display on rh corner seems dull].With passage of time the clarity improves.
What could be the reason.As its recently started occuring.Is it a Monitor problem or a software problem.
The look is as if it requires sharpness to be raised.But no avail.
regds
HAWK

ujjwal

Padawan
It happens to me sometimes with my Samsung 14". You could try setting your refresh rate lower. If you use linux, make sure you selected the proper moniter model in the xconfig.

krish

Journeyman
First you try all the software settings. If that gives no help then you can adjust the focus (i.e. the clarity/sharpness) by opening the monitor's back cover (if you can dare to). There on the PCB there is a seprate section called the EHT which is distinguished by some steel covering. Be very careful as this generates very very high voltage. On the back side of the EHT you can see two setting knobs (to be turned by small phillips head screw driver). One is for focus & other is for brightness. Set it from there. PLEASE LET IT DONE BY A TECHNICIAN IF YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT !!!!!! BE VERY VERY CAREFUL!!!

aadipa

Padawan
its not a software problem

and a warning
inside monitor u get voltage as high as 30000 Volts
so pls don't try it if u don't know it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom