monitor gone black and white

Status
Not open for further replies.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
It started a week ago, monitor suddenly went black and white, then it became normal again the next day, but now, today again it has gone black and white.
there are flashes of colour, where the monitor becomes normal for a few seconds and then goes back to being black and white..

it is only 2.5 years old(chota bacha hai) . LG Flatron e700SH

Also it isn't exactly black and white, I can detect faint blurry colour on some images.

kya karoo :?:

EDIT: prolly not a driver problem as the problem is there when I am in the bios as well.

And I forgot to tell... when it became normal after staying b&W for a day, the monitor kept blinking randomly, not blinking on and off, but there were certain lines and brightness wld reduce for a few seconds ..

edit: okay as I was typing this post its back to normal :| , but I still want to know whats happening

Thanks

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
its a cable problem.. I have faced these before.. please get it checked by a professional.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
If its not a cable problem then follow this:

1) If the monitor is still under warranty then call LG technician.
2) Most probably its the loosening of the solder joints in PCB of picture tube.
3) The guy will simply solder them tight again and the problem will be gone.

NOTE: Same thing happend to me (a 700E from LG) a few months back.

OP
chesss

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
gee shukriya guys! nice to know thats its a small problem..
I'll try the cable tonight and teh n call the technician tomorrow.

siddhesh222

Journeyman
Arey yaar same with my LG 700E(Still having the same problem).Cant replace it because It's out of warranty period.I just punch it above,and after a few minutes the colour comes back(Obviously after punching 53642633 times).I would suggest everyone NOT to buy LG monitors.

OP
chesss

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
I wouldn't recommend punching! I used to punch my cdd-drive coz it refused to open, and now it refuses to close :| . My pc is now without a cd-drive

OP
chesss

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
Yesterday I called lg customer care - 1800 180 9999 - they registered my complaint, and today their engineer called. He told me(on his own, I didn't even ask for a warranty) that the monitor is within warranty by 3 days!! w00t
and even though I don't have they bill, they will still give me the warranty. yay! LG rocks!!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
chesss said:
Yesterday I called lg customer care - 1800 180 9999 - they registered my complaint, and today their engineer called. He told me(on his own, I didn't even ask for a warranty) that the monitor is within warranty by 3 days!! w00t
and even though I don't have they bill, they will still give me the warranty. yay! LG rocks!!
yeah their Constumor care rocks, close to seagate customer care

chesss said:
I wouldn't recommend punching! I used to punch my cdd-drive coz it refused to open, and now it refuses to close :| . My pc is now without a cd-drive

lol...:D:D:D

siddhesh222 said:
Arey yaar same with my LG 700E(Still having the same problem).Cant replace it because It's out of warranty period.I just punch it above,and after a few minutes the colour comes back(Obviously after punching 53642633 times).I would suggest everyone NOT to buy LG monitors.
colors do come back after punching and thumping but then at the end of the day it will go all grey:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom