Monitor goes off automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

anatnash

Right off the assembly line
Respected sir,

I need ur help for my problem.my problem is very strange.i say u in detail,After using Internet in my pc for 4-5 month,suddenly my pc's monitor goes off but harddisk light is showing that harddisk is busy then after using mouse and keyboard the monitor doesnot turns off .next time when i start my pc ,it start and work as usal but after 1hour again monitor goes off and monitor green light became red but harddisk shows busy.when i restart my pc then it works for half an hour and again same problem.then i think it perhaps for virus then i format my harddisk and remove my net from it.then my pc is ok but when i use net then same problem arises.i hav two os in my system.then again i format my harddisk and my system goes ok for 4-5 days.one day i see movie and the same problem repeat again.then the problem occurs within 1hour sometimes 1/2 hour sometimes within 5 minutes.it restart automatically also.oneday i format my harddisk and install one os windows 2000 then everything goes ok for a week.then i think to install windows xp and when i install it rhen the problem repeat again.when i remove xp from D drive and try with one os only then also i get the sane problem.i have a HCL Ezeebee model system with 128 mb memory,40 gb harddisk,pt 4 cpu.is there any problem on Smps.PLZ Help me.

theraven

Technomancer
why are u posting this here ?
are u psycho ?
how will ppl know abt ur problem if u dun start a new thread

anyways when ur moinitor goes off is it when u leave the pc without using the keyboard and mouse ?
if so then goto start menu => control panel => power options
and select "turn off monitor" to never

BTW ... Splittin this topic to a new one.

OP
A

anatnash

my monitor goes off not because of i leave the pc without using keyboard and mouse.it goes off after 5 minutes of booting sometimes after half an hour,after 1hr also.when monitor goes off pc restart automatically sometimes it does not restart automatically, i hav to restart it manually.problem is very strange.i already changemy power option to "never",but it does not have any effect on my problem.

OP
A

anatnash

Plz help me,i cannot able to solve my problem,no one hav solution to this problem.plz help me

theraven

Technomancer
im sorry ur problem is very weird
all i can say is check ur connections
and also get ur hardware checked once
check all power cables to motherboard as well

its either a connection or a hardware problem

since if it were a heating issue it usually states so on restart
YET check ur computers temperatures and post them here ...

if they are high clean ur cabinet
dust the insides
remove ur heatsink over processor and then reapply a layer of thermal grease ( after removing the previous )

Huzefa

Journeyman
Yeah , that has to work , The power settings mentioned by raven , Did u try it ? If u have done it , maybe some fault with your monitor ? Also anatnash , please frame your question properly , I went dizzy trying to make sense of it .

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
Check ur cabinet SMPS .
Check your rmemory modules.
Check if the cpu fan is OK.

I cant think of any other problemmaker in ur case........????????

OP
A

anatnash

NO,at the time of watching movie ,monitor suddenly goes off and sound also.R u from cuttack,orissa.i am from jagatsinghpur,orissa.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
poor guy

Hey, if u do not much abt computer h/w please do not play with it...u will create more problems for urself.....better still call the person from whom u bought it or u can call comp doctor(many adv in paper).... :lol:

debiprasad_sahoo

Web Junky 2.0
That means the problem is not with your display. The problem is after some time your system completely stops working. If you do not know how to handle your hardware donot play with it. show it to any expert of Jagatsingh Pur or Cuttack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom