Monitor Display Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

daumaster

Broken In
Both sides of the display of my pc monitor have become hyperbolic, with the display being narrow at the horizontal centerline of the screen. The areas outside the display area on both sides are pitch black. After sometime, the display is restored back to full screen. What can be causing this problem ? How can it be rectified ?

My rig consist of :

-ATHLON XP 2400+ CPU
-ASUS A7N8X-DELUXE MOBO
-DIGITAL 512MB DDR 400MHz RAM
-SEAGATE BARRACUDA 80GB 7200 RPM
-LITEON JLMS XJ-HD166S DVD ROM
-LITEON SOHR-5238S CD WRITER
-GECUBE RADEON 9600 PRO 256MB AGP CARD
-CREATIVE CAMBRIDGE SOUNDWORKS SW320 SPEAKERS
-PHILIPS 105S MONITOR
-ELNOVA T-505 UPS

AlienTech

In the zone
You have to take this in for repairs, Worst case would be your high voltage transformer is gone weak or shorting, more likely some of the transistors controlling the gun have become weak. Its normal.. You could try adjusting it after degaussing it but it will kill the monitor if you dont get it fixed sooner or later.

I just hit the side of the monitor to loosen it up to fix it :)

djmykey

Let the music play.....
No i think its some loose connections my friend also had this problem so take it to ur nearest service center ull get it fine.

AlienTech

In the zone
djmykey said:
No i think its some loose connections my friend also had this problem so take it to ur nearest service center ull get it fine.

So you are saying a good beating wont fix it?

OP
D

daumaster

Broken In
Hitting the sides of the monitor does the trick. Thanks for the tip. Will take it to the service centre one of these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom