Monitor Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
What a way to come back to TD....... My monitor is burnt :x

I have a 17" LG Studioworks 700E monitor , I have a APC Back-UPS 500. I had connected the monitor via a power strip without surge supressor. There was low voltage for about 30 minutes .. The UPS battery was drained, when power came back I heard heard some noise in my room .. rushed to my room and checked the power strip was burnt.

I got a new and better powerstrip with good surge protection. connected everything and switched on the UPS.... boom.. sparks all over the place.. it came from the back of the monitor.. I immediately switched off the power and rechecked the wiring.. power strip fuse was burnt.. the guessing that the power strip was faulty , I directly connected the monitor to the UPS and switched it on.. again lots of sparks and boom the monitor went dead. :x

luckly my system is safe only the monitor is burnt.

My monitor is 3+ yrs old and doesnot have any warranty.. I want to know the contact details of authorised service centers for LG monitors in Bangalore. And how long will it take to repair it. I dont mind paying extra amount... but I need a reputed service center.

On other note I am looking for a 17-19" monitor within 9K Samsung or LG. I want to stay out of Viewsonic.

Its good to be back on TD.. :)

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Welcome back, Charan! Where were you, after your self ban?
LG Monitors are born to go through the service centres at least once in their lifetime. :D Mine as well as 7-8 of my friends who had bought LG CRTs had some or he other sort of problems. Regarding Service Center, they have an active and very good Customer Care Service(I don't remember the number). Just call them up and they will redirect you to the nearest authorised Service Center.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@Lucky_star: thanks for letting me know that LG service centers are good enough. :)

offtopic: Lucky_star: I was away from internet :p

No one else serviced their LG monitors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom