monitor colour change on direction change

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohanty1942

Journeyman
The new viewsonic E70 monitor changes its colour when i rotate its direction. No speakers or magnets are kept near the monitor (Also it is not the colour missing fact due to faulty/loose data cable or broken VGA pin as you may guess). I have noticed this colour changing effects in some old monitors also. (On changing the monitor position or direction, the colour changes). What may be the reason ?
Is there any chance of permanent colour change in near future ?

Techie_Geek

Journeyman
No it will be ok on the next reboot,

it happens due to some effect of sudden change of direction for the Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) monitors when they are rotated while turned on.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
It also happened with my sony tv. It isn't permanent. Don't move the monitor too much when the crt is switched on, that's all. Degauss if the option is available. Else let it sit for sometime.

OP
mohanty1942

mohanty1942

Journeyman
I appreciate the answers given above. Degaussing the monitor (by simply switching off & on) solved the problem.

From Digit Forum I get 'to the point answers' that exactly matches one's requirement. It is hard to find people with similiar ideas & experiences in other sites.

Thank you.

OP
mohanty1942

mohanty1942

Journeyman
Roatating the CRT while monitor is on doesn't change color always in all monitors. Why does it happen in some pieces at random times ?

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Basically this happens when you move the monitor or external source so that the magnetic field near the crt changes significantly enough. The color distortion is due to electrons deflected from hitting their supposed targets. When you degauss it, the magnetic field is cancelled out or something, and thus the color distortion goes away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom