modifying opera

Status
Not open for further replies.

gambit

Broken In
There r some sites which only allow u to view them if u have internet explorer or netscape. But I hate using either of them. So is there a way to modify Opera so that I can view such pages?

saROMan

QA Juggler
well bud pres F12 and select indentify as Mozilla/IE..if it does not work..then u will have to install IE similler browsers like Avent/Maxthon etc..or best install firefox....if opera is not detected as IE..then u cant use it to view IE specific pages (I guess)....

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Even if we identify as IE or FX, some site still dont work..., i have tried this, and we still need to use IE in that case....

Calcatian

Journeyman
Plz note that all d helps that r given 2 u here is sufficient 4 tricking most sites :!:

But 4 some sites, (e.g. Cyberoam server pages in Cable internet services, Gmail etc.) can't b tricked bcoz Opera still lacks some features/compatibility & d incompetence will block u from using these sites completely/partially.

Opera was prolly d 1st non-MS browsers 2 100% support Hotmail :!:

godsownman

Padawan
U all are talking of opera but there are so many sites that FF refuses to open saying that a plugin is required .

If gets pretty frustrating and we have to come back to IE.

expertno.1

Technomancer
Thats the most negative part of opera that some sites do not open

Microsoft's Internet Explorer has itss own core based program

whereas opera and firefox have independant program core

so some sites which are totaly based on IE core cannot be opened in any other browser which is not IE based

but the browasers like maxthon,green browser,deepnet,etc
are IE core based and therefore can open all the sites with the sites totally based on IE core

hope its enough for you

also for gmail only we have to go for IE

but opera 9 may include both the cores in which instant switching may be possible so we would not run for other browser

For Firefox it is in its testing stage so it cannot open more sites
coz its new and u now old is gold

i.e IE and lately Opera are the best browsers on the planet

IE sucks !

Generic Superhero

Journeyman
dheeraj_kumar said:
gmail works perfectly on opera 8.

edit: so does macromedia. you must be using an old version of opera. upgrade to v8 and then all websites work fine...

Well. Actually macromedia site works in opera, but not the entire site. Go to Downloads>Exchange section & they ll request ya 2 use a supported browser and also give a list of supported browsers---opera is not supported. I use opera version 8. By far, 20% sites do not open in opera. Here is another xample: *education.vsnl.com/guidance/[/url]

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Opera does not support activeX and VBS for security reasons. Sites using either will not display properly.

Apart from this, Opera still offers the best browsing experience for me.

Raaabo

expertno.1

Technomancer
I aslo use Gmail with Opera
i can use it but the advanced features are not acessed by me
so in this case i have to switch into IE to change my pop settings

but soon Gmail wil be under the feet of Opera
yeah!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom