Status
Not open for further replies.

superuser

Broken In
I am using P 3 933 / MSI 6137 Mobo + 256 Mb Ram 40 Gb HDD and using Win XP PRO.Recently I purchased a D-LINK DFM 560ES 56 Kbps External Modem but whenever I connect to the Internet it says "Connected at 40 Kbps or atmost at 44 Kbps during latenights/earlymornings. All I want to know why is it so ? Is it not that the 56 Kbps Modem Connect at 56 Kbps or even higher if possible ? or there is some tweaking to be done for that? Please help ..... :(

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
same thing happens with my hsp56k internal modem . if u want real speed units , try dumeter to check actual speed of ur connections

godzi_85

In the zone
you`ll never be able to connect at 56 kbps.. ever....
the max you can reach is maybe 50-53... but very rarely...
but hey you do get speeds of around 4-5kbps right??? if yes then nothing to worry about..

i got a 33.6kpbs external 12 year old modem... i can connect at a max of 28kbps... but i always get speeds constant at around 3.6-4kbps..... anytime of the day..
and around 6kbps at night..(rarely though)

vysakh

Padawan
the maximum speed that i have got is 54.4 .
and u will never get more than 56
there are many reasons for this. the server to which u r trying to connect may be busy. ur phone line may have small disturbances...............

NikhilVerma

Padawan
The speed depends on your ISP...

for eg I have used Disnet Dial for two years and te maximum speed i could ever reach from it was 33kbps

while sify connection always gives me the speed of 44kbps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom