Modem not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

q3_abhi

Youngling
I have a 28.8 KBps Motorola Internal Modem. I have the drivers.

I always install it on Windows XP with no problem.

Everytime whenever i install the drivers, it prompts me to insert Windows XP CD n then a logical COM3 port is created.

But this time,its not prompting me to Insert the WinXP CD. And so COM3 port is not created. So it get installed but its not functional.

How to make it workable????????

expertno.1

Technomancer
which modem model u have ?

if u could psot here

get it from the net the drivers

or jsut use the plug and play feature of xp

might be the drivers not suitable for xp

OP
q3_abhi

q3_abhi

Youngling
I have Motorola 28.8 KBps Internal modem. N i have the drivers which are working.

How to add a new port in device manager???I cannot see any option in it.

The plug n play feature detects it n evn i can install modem but it has an error opening the port.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
k, as u say that ur modem works only on COM 3...
do this :
go to ports under device manager and rightclick on the existing port (com 1/2) and go to properties and portsettings > advanced > comport no . >COM3 and press ok..

Open Phone and Modem Options in Control Panel.
On the Modems tab, click the modem you want to configure, and then click Properties.
On the Advanced tab, click Advanced Port Settings.
If this option is not displayed, the modem does not support changing the assigned COM port

In Com Port Number, click the port number you want to use.
COM 3
do this plz...

OP
q3_abhi

q3_abhi

Youngling
QwertyManiac said:
k, as u say that ur modem works only on COM 3.

Not that it works only on COM3, i mean to say that COM3 is the logical port created everytime. But now Windows XP is not creating a logical port.

What should be done????

OP
q3_abhi

q3_abhi

Youngling
I do have the correct drivers n installed the modem previously on the drivers which have now.

Any other solution???

swatkat

Technomancer
Hi,
Remove the Modem from Device Manager. Next, go to Control Panel, and here click the "Phones And Modem" icon. Here, click the "Add" button to add modem, and then let the XP to autodetect it, and check whether it gets installed properly.

expertno.1

Technomancer
so you have internal modem huh

might be the modem problem not being detected

does it works on any other os ?

OP
q3_abhi

q3_abhi

Youngling
In windows 98, its working properly. But in XP, the modem is detected but no port is created. Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom