modem-need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_sriram

Right off the assembly line
i 've conexant soft 56k based d-link modem. it doesn't have a mic or speaker connection option. i need to use the option available in the sound device.

i use skype for voice chatting. when i dial using skype it gives an error "problem with your playback device" some times it gives "problem with your recording device".

how can i use this. help me. is there any configuration to be set in the sound device property or skype while connecting my headphone with mic.

swatkat

Technomancer
Hi,
Update the audio drivers of your PC. Sometimes, older drivers do not support simultaneous playback and recording.

hack expert

In the zone
well ur modem doesnot require to have a mic and speaker connection
if u have to voice chat
as swatcat suggested update the drivers and please do post ur pc config it can be quite useful to understand the problems

OP
M

mr_sriram

Right off the assembly line
hey guys,

i had this wild guess and before posting my problem, i updated my audio drivers.

my pc config. is Cel 1.7, Asrock 845MB, 256MB DDR, Conexent Based Dlink 56k modem, 40GB + 4GB hdd, 15" LCD monitor, LG DVD writer and iomega CD-Writer

i dont think it has anything to do with my system configuration. coz, i'm able to use the yahoo's voice chat.

probably, there's something to be done with skype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom