Modem keeps restarting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydraHeaded

Broken In
Hi,

Since the past two days, and especially today, my modem has kept on restarting every few minutes. First, I am not sure if its a modem or a router, of whether they are both the same (I dont know much about these things). It is Huawei Smart AX MT 882.

When I connect the modem, the second light (Link) starts blinking green, then stops blinking and remains green, and then turns orange, and after this, I can use the net.

But what has been happening is that after a few minutes, and sometimes even immediately after connecting, the Link light goes off all of a sudden, then starts blinking green again, turns green, then orange, and I can use the net again. This happens again and again. Now think what happens when you are downloading from Rapidshare, and you have have downloaded 90% of the file, and then the connections breaks.

The Wan settings are:
PVC number: PVC-0
Wan type: PPP
Connection type: PPPoE
VPI/VCI: 0/35
Encap: LLC
Default Route: Enabled

PPP:
username: xxx
password: xxx
Use DNS: enabled
Max Idle Time: Always On

The modem is connected by LAN.
The scheme is the rs. 500 2:00 to 8:00 free download one.

Now what is the problem: is it a problem with the modem, or the telephone line, or some software problem in the computer?

THERE, right now, when I am typing this, the modem has gone dead, and a file from rapidshare has downloaded till 99.5%, the transfer is showing 1 second left, and now its lost. What the hell do I do? :confused:

Take a look at this:

*a.imagehost.org/t/0210/Damn.jpg

Please help!

Renny

Padawan
It restarts because I think the modems overheating, my friend had the same model and he too faced the same problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom