Modem Compatibility with Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrunal_n

Right off the assembly line
Hi all,

I m facing problem with compatibily of modem on Linux.
I m using D-Link 562E++ modem. This modem works properly with other Linux applications but with particular application where i m trying to communicate with the server through this modem, it gets disconnected in middle.

Well, D-link specifications tells that this modem is not compatible with Linux. If it is so, how it is working with one application? And if it is not so, what can be the reason, it is getting disconnected?

Any other modem anyone can suggest, which can be used with Linux?

M.R.N.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
D-Link modems should work fine with Linux. Tell more elaborately what application
you were using & when it disconnects. So that we can solve your problem.

OP
M

mrunal_n

Right off the assembly line
We r working on Verifone technology, where data from the terminal is required to be uploaded to server every fixed time period. Here Verifone terminal communicates to server through this modem. When trying to upload through windows version of application or Verifone version, it is working properly, but when trying to upload from linux version, it is not uploading. It connects to the modem, dials, connects to the server but then gets disconnected.

The behaviour of modem is unpredictable.
Now it is connecting properly. Once it connects & uploads data properly, second time when tried for upload it connects but do not upload...i.e. problem in sending & receiving data through modem. For this i tried all possible baud rates, but once it is uploading on one baudrate, second time on second baudrate.

Can anyone give some suggestions?

Mrunal

Last edited:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
IMHO, i would suggest u to get a LAN card and then ur Linux OS will be able to configure itself to be used for ur net services... Coz most of the modems, either dnt work or work only for a indefinite time on net wen used from a Linux OS.

Cheers n e-peace....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom