MODEM & BSNL Prob!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreams

Gracias Senor
Hi all.. i use BSNL's Dial-Up.. nowadays i get very bad speed <10 kbps in the night time.. i want to know which is the best config to make in a Modem for dial-up.. and also is anyone experiencin the same speed in the night time.. it stops me frm d/l.. I use Dax internal modem.. My PC config is P4 2.4Ghz, Intel GVAD2 MB, 256 RAM. Help needed. TIA

Charley

Just Do It
dude, whats ur modem speed, say its 33.6, u will have to set it in the modem settings properties as 336 and not more

I donot have a dial up but I'm suggesting to try it ..

hack expert

In the zone
i was a bsnl dial up user i still have the connection even after switching to cable

well first of all is the speed ur talkin about the download speed or the connection speed

if it is the connection speed well the change ur modem settings coz wen i used the bsnl dialup i got connections at 56 kbps and downloads were quite ok at 5 - 5.5 KBps

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
@hack expert
I am concerned abt the conn speed.. cos i get <10 kbps when iam connected.. so my d/l speed is also reduced.. it is <1.

@achacko@dataone.in
my modem is a 56 kbps modem.. so wats the setting for it..

hack expert

In the zone
nowadays i get very bad speed <10 kbps in the night time

if this is the situation then wat speed are u getting in day time if dat is normal then u gotta contact bsnl but if the problem is through out the as follows

well u can try this

if using win xp

go in control pannel \printer nhardware \phone and modem options
in dat ur modem will be listed click on properties n see wether the port speed is max something [115....] idont exactly remember
if dat dosent work try updating ur drivers[/u]

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
Hi guys..

I contacted BSNL CC and they r tellin its the prob with the voltage.. if a large source is suckin a lot of current then this prob arises it seems..

she is tellin to change the modem or fix up the voltage prob.. cos in our area voltage fluctuations are at ease.

for this purpose only i hv bought a Stabilizer for my PC.. after this also its not working..

first my Modem connects.. then it gets disconn after a hour or so asusually and doesnt connect at all.. a terrible noise cums frm the modem while tryin to conn.. after it givs a error THE REMOTE COMPUTER DIDNT RESPOND IN TIME..

then i hv to shutdown my PC 4 a long time.. and agter if i connn it conn well..

i hv a internal modem.. will a modem doesnt work if the adequate voltage is not cumin to it?????

pls help me out..

Charley

Just Do It
Yea, regarding ur query

First of all go the modem properties and then select the maximum speed as 55600 bs.

Errors may occur if u set a speed above/higher than the modem speed. And also enable only connect at this speed. Try this and post the follow up.

hack expert

In the zone
is any one in ur area experiencing the same problem

i fail to understand how voltage affects connection speed i dont think so maybe the problem is in ur line or modem u need to check

try one of u friends modem in ur pc if dats possible or probably check if u can connect to any other ISP using the phone line
[i assume u have the second line for internet coz i had second line ]
if u cannot connect to any other Isp`s then the modem is faulty but if u can then there is prob with the internet line

Charley

Just Do It
hack expert said:
i fail to understand how voltage affects connection speed i dont think so maybe the problem is in ur line or modem u need to check

that cant happen, voltage flucts doesnt hamper speeds. :lol:

those bsnl guys just say whatever they feel, they dont even think wat they say.

it should be configured as per the specifics to attain the speed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom