modded xbox 360 or unmodded...

Status
Not open for further replies.

amey_dude

Journeyman
Hello, I cant decide whether to buy modded xbox 360 or unmodded !! I wanted to buy unmodded but cant afford to buy original games. So will be playing pirated games. Also i am worried about rrod !! So plz help me out. I am from pune. So nyone from pune knows where to buy latest modded xbox 360 and its price !!

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
You have to choose.

Buy modded and you can save money on the games but stand the risk of losing the whole console itself in case of an RROD.

If you buy an umodded console, then you can always get it repaired for free from MS. Besides, you won't feel like a thief as well, pirating games.

One more thing.

If any one posts where modded console or it's games are available, the thread will be deleted.

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
@amey...

upto you...

1.Risk rrod and play pirated As long as possible.... its luck maybe u can go a long way....
guys have modded it and played for more than 1.5 years without getting RROD...it depends on how many hours u play on ur console...if u a heavy one..stay away from modded.....

2.Live without worries..get warranty......

and oh yeah choose what is easy on ur pocket on the LONG RUN....

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
@amey...

upto you...

1.Risk rrod and play pirated As long as possible.... its luck maybe u can go a long way....
guys have modded it and played for more than 1.5 years without getting RROD...it depends on how many hours u play on ur console...if u a heavy one..stay away from modded.....

2.Live without worries..get warranty......

and oh yeah choose what is easy on ur pocket on the LONG RUN....
If U Want To Buy Unmodded U Cannot afford the original games which are rated above 2.5k per game.

IF U BUIED modded one there is a risk of turning xbox to rrod any time but in pune there are many dealers who can repair rrod.

Where Do U Live In Pune

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
I thnk un-modded is better, you will miss out on XLive if you mod it!

Renny

Padawan
Forget about Xbox Live, if you get that RROD on the moded 360 you can say goodbye to 20,000 bucks :D .

gangadhar

PC.PS2.PSP.PS3
@ amey_dude

don't buy modded xbox 360...few months back i bought one and i faced many problems with my xbox 360...after continuous playing(2 or 3 hours)my system getting rrod.at that time i completely turn off my console for 1 hour and then again power on...it is normally starting.but after 2 hours the problem is same.it is a big headache i faced with my console...of course the games are cheap..in my place u can get any game for 80/-.....after bearing 6 months i gave my xbox 360 to my friend and bought 60gb ps3..
now i am happy with my ps3.

finally my suggestion is....

1.if u are still ready to buy modded console u can go....and be ready to bare thousands of rupees for repairing your console.

2.if u want to buy unmodded xbox 360...my suggestion is don't buy xbox 360 instead of that buy a ps3.

frederick_benny_digit

]-[ E l l F R 4 G G 3 R
@ amey_dude

finally my suggestion is....

1.if u are still ready to buy modded console u can go....and be ready to bare thousands of rupees for repairing your console.

2.if u want to buy unmodded xbox 360...my suggestion is don't buy xbox 360 instead of that buy a ps3.

totally agree

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
Imo get unmodded,buy any 2- gears of war,battlefield , burnout p and halo.multiplayer will keep u busy for a long time.and u have warranty.
And i won't suggest to be a pirate be it any console / pc

gangadhar

PC.PS2.PSP.PS3
@ Varad Dilip Choudhari

hey dilip may i know which method your friend is using to get rid from RROD...

is he giving any warranty... i mean after repair...if i got RROD again...!!

i want to ask many things..but i don't have much time to type....

please approach your friend and give me full details......

many of my friends having RROD...and some of them using their xbox360 like stove to cook their food using the heat coming from their console back panel.;)

Imo get unmodded,buy any 2- gears of war,battlefield , burnout p and halo.multiplayer will keep u busy for a long time.and u have warranty.
And i won't suggest to be a pirate be it any console / pc

r u faced rrod...??

if faced..how many times faced..and how much time taken to replace from m$

Last edited:

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
^never ever.i have 2 consoles,both unmodded.one is us and other is indian.never faced a prob.the us console is from the first lots of xbox i.e purchased on launch.and still running fine..but just yesterday i had a dvd drive problem on the indian one.will call ms on monday for a replacement.

MS does not take long to replace consoles.their customer service is good

Last edited:

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
RROD is because of a glitch in manufacturing process which cause overheating. New batch xbox360s are going to be rrod free. There are guides on the internet which allow you to fix an RROD on your own if you have the tools with a goog percentage of success. Even if your modded xbox360 rrods every 8 games (20k+ retail) , you will be saving money but breaking the law.

gangadhar

PC.PS2.PSP.PS3
There are guides on the internet which allow you to fix an RROD on your own if you have the tools with a goog percentage of success. Even if your modded xbox360 rrods every 8 games (20k+ retail) , you will be saving money but breaking the law.

i am also heard and tried towel trick and others but did not worked...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom