Mobo with onboard graphics for E4400

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybertragic

Broken In
Hey guys

I'm buying a new rig. The purpose is mostly internet surfing and watching mpeg4 movies. Dont do gaming or overclocking. Only have to decide on the Processor and Motherboard (with onboard graphics) coz rest is decided.

Initially was planning to go the AMD way with X2 4000+ and 690G chipset mobo but I'm in a small town and buying AMD is difficult. Also since there are constant low voltages I think Core2Duo will hold up better as it consumes less wattage.

So,

1. Processor - E4400 - Rs. 5,200/-
2. Motherboard - Need suggestion on Mobos with good onboard grabhics within 3.5 to 5 K. My dealer was suggesting some model called Intel 945GCNC or something. Also I am installing a 19" wide screen LCD monitor so the Onboard Graphics will have to support variable resolution. OS will be Windows XP Pro

Please do suggest a mobo for E4400. Also should I insist and get an AMD system. Will that be much more cost effective?

Last edited:

GeekyBoy

In the zone
Intel DG965RY- Rs 5200
----------------------
Onboard Graphics- Intel GMA X3000-Pretty Good(for more information goto *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60232)

For full motherboard specifications, go here : *www.intel.com/products/motherboard/DG965RY/index.htm

For a brief review go here :*reviews.cnet.com/motherboards/intel-desktop-board-dg965ry/4505-3049_7-32014770.html

OP
C

cybertragic

Broken In
The Intel DG965RY really looks good.

The thing is that the Intel Combination (E4400 and DG965RY) costs about 10,500/- and the AMD Combo (X2 4000+ and Asus M2A-VM) costs about 6500/-.

For someone on a limited budget and no gaming requirements is the Rs 4,000/- extra worth it. I do watch a hell of a lot of video all day and have my comp downloading torrents 24/7.

Given my needs what should be better. If the Intel Combo makes it somewhat future proof I might consider it. Otherwise I'll go with AMD and save the money.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@cybertragic

For u I would say,

E2140 @ Rs. 2450/- + TAX
ASUS P5B-MX @ Rs. 2800/- + TAX

Or is case you want little Better grfx add XFX 8400 GS @ Rs. 2600/- + TAX with the board :)

:lol:

this will do !!!

:)

OP
C

cybertragic

Broken In
@ChotoCheeta

Thanks for the suggestion. I just think that instead of going for anything less than Core2Duo in Intel, I'd rather get an AMD X2 brought on special order. Wouldnt that give a much better performance in the same price as the E2140 you suggested??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom